Chapter 19 - Christmas Vacation

6 months later

Robyn's P.O.V.
I cannot believe I'm already in my second year at university! We've had to move out of our dorms now, and I am sharing an apartment nearby, with Steph and Thomas. I know what you're thinking - why am I sharing with those two? Well, it took much begging on Thomas' behalf, but Steph finally agreed for me to have the third bedroom, which I might add, is so bloody titchy I can hardly breathe in it. But yeah, it's alright I guess. The kissing is a little bit too much for me, but I'm coping okay now. Thomas and I are still best friends, and I still see Charlie often - she went back home to live with her parents for a while, so I couldn't share an apartment with her. So besides going to class, doing homework and going out sometimes with Charlie (and Thomas, when Steph isn't around), I just stay indoors or go outside with my sketch book. I can only stand the kissing and other stuff that goes on in our apartment for so long, before I want to basically murder Steph, so it's nice to get out.

I'm currently sitting outside in my favourite park, with my sketchbook. It's December, and it's absolutely freezing, so I'm wearing my parka coat, hat, scarf, boots, the whole lot. But to be honest, I really don't mind the weather.
Suddenly, I winced in pain. I'd been having really bad stomach cramps now for about two days, and they kept coming back. I clutched my stomach for about a minute, before the pain stopped.

"Hey love!" Someone exclaimed behind me. I turned around to see Thomas sit down on the grass next to me.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" He asked, rubbing his hands together, "It's freezing out here!"

"Oh it's not that bad Tommy!" I laughed, still concentrating on my drawing, "Where's Steph?" Thomas just groaned, putting his head in his hands.

"Well actually, she's back home packing her bags." He said.

"What? You kicked her out? You broke up?" I looked up in shock. I knew Thomas wasn't really that in love with Steph, and the only reason he stayed with her is because he's intimidated by her, but I never thought he'd have the guts to break up with her.

"No no no no, we didn't break up!" Thomas laughed, "She's going on a family vacation for the Christmas break and is leaving tonight for a week."

"Oh," I said quietly, turning back to my drawing, "So you going?"

"No. I wasn't invited." Thomas mumbled, "I mean, I probably wouldn't want to go anyway, but I don't know if I can trust her, you know?"

"Yeah, well." I smiled at him, putting my hand on his, "Sorry, I won't be around either. Charlie's invited me to spend Christmas with her and her family."

"Oh, yeah Steph told me," Thomas groaned, "My family is already on holiday abroad so I'll be home for Christmas."

"Oh Tommy I'm sorry! Do you want me to cancel?"

"No no no don't worry!" He laughed, "I'll be fine." I smiled sympathetically at him, before concentrating on my drawing again.

"That's amazing, love!" Thomas exclaimed, looking over my shoulder at my drawing, "Is it for your art?"

"No, I finished my winter project last week. I just sometimes like to draw the trees here in the park. I like the rustling of the leaves in the background - it calms me down; you know?"

"Yeah, yeah I can tell!" Thomas laughed, handing me back the drawing, "Right well I'm gonna make my way back home. You coming?"

"Yeah sure!" I grinned, packing up my stuff. I stood, when suddenly, another twinge of pain set off, this time in my right side.

"Owwww!" I yelped, grabbing my side and bending over with the pain.

"Robyn you alright?" Thomas cried, grabbing my arms as I almost fell to the floor, "Is it your side again?"

"Yeah," I breathed heavily, leaning into Thomas for support, "Okay, okay I'm fine!"

"You sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I just nodded, and the two of us started to make our way back home, me leaning up against Thomas' side.

"Steph?" Thomas yelled as we opened the front door, "Steph, we're back!"

"Honey!!" Steph screamed, running down the stairs. She literally jumped on top of Thomas, wrapping him in a hug and latching her lips on his.

"Ehem?" I cleared my throat, pushing my way through the door. "You guys mind closing the door before you start doing that? There are little kids across the street."

"Oh you're no fun!" Steph whined, before going back to making out.

"No, you just have too much fun!" I corrected, nodded my head towards the pair of them. I quickly sat down as another lot of pain washed over me.

"What's up with you?" Steph smirked.

"Stomach....pains...." I breathed, grabbing hold of the breakfast bar, my knuckles turning white.

"Oh my God you're pregnant?!" Steph screamed with joy, "I never thought you'd do it! Oh well done you!" With all the pain inside of me right now, I didn't have the energy to retaliate.

"No....I'm not.... pregnant..." I was now breathing heavily. Thomas rushed over to my side as I almost fell off the stool. I clenched Thomas' shirt, as I knelt my head on his chest. I could feel Steph looking daggers at me, seeing as I was practically hanging onto Thomas, but I didn't care.

"You sure you're gonna be alright?" He asked, concern clearly evident in his voice.

"Yes she'll be fine!" Steph cried, "Can we just go to the airport now!"

"You go wait in the car!" Thomas said sharply, "I'll be there in a second."

"Okay..." Steph said, before skipping through the front door. Thomas now turned back to me, running small circles on my back.

"Robyn, how bad is it?"

"Ugh, actually it's alright now," I said quietly, slowly releasing Thomas' shirt and standing up, "Yeah, yeah I'm fine!" I could tell Thomas wasn't convinced but I just pushed him towards the door.

"Now go, or you'll have Steph getting on your case!" Thomas laughed slightly.

"Okay, bye love! Have fun! And say hi to Charlie for me?"

"Will do!" I smiled, as I hugged him goodbye. I watched him get in the car and drive off, now feeling really bad for him, about being alone all week. But I couldn't change my plans now because Charlie was picking me up soon! I closed the door, when suddenly sharp pain shot through my stomach.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed, falling to the floor. Clutching my stomach, I lay there on the floor. What the hell was wrong with me? My stomach had literally felt like someone had cut it open. Breathing heavily, I bit my lip hard as I tried to stand again. I cried out again in pain, as another shot of pain burst through my stomach, and now also in my side. I tried to stay awake, not focusing on the pain, but it hurt too much. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy and no matter how hard I tried, the pain was just too great. I curled up again on the floor, and my vision went black