Chapter 20 - Sirens

Thomas' P.O.V.
"I'm sorry Hun, I must have left my phone inside!" I sighed, turning the car round and heading back home, "It'll only take a minute!"

"Oh for God's sake Thomas! Hurry up!" Steph growled, as I turned off the car, and opened the door.

"Yessss!" I moaned, slamming the car door shut and running towards the apartments. As I reached our door, I knocked loudly, breathing heavily as I did. I stood there waiting. I couldn't hear anything on the other side of the door, so I knocked again.

"Robyn? Robyn it's me!" I yelled through the door. Still, nothing. Panic started to well up inside me. Had something happened? Hurriedly, I grabbed my keys from my pocket and opened the door. My heart stopped.

"Robyn!" I yelled, dropping to the floor. She lay there, crumpled on the floor, her arms clutching at her side.

"Oh my God Robyn! Can you hear me?" I yelled, shaking her shoulders slightly. Tears running down my face, I quickly checked her pulse. Her heart was hardly beating, and her breaths were shallow and short.
Standing up fast, I ran to the table where I found my phone, and immediately called an ambulance. With one hand clutching hers, I told them what had happened. They told me that they would be here within minutes, so I sat there on the ground with Robyn's head resting on my leg, and me still holding her hand. I could hear the sounds of sirens blaring in the distance, getting nearer by the second. I never should have left her. I should have realised she needed to go to hospital when she had been in pain earlier. It's my fault.