Chapter 8 - Girlfriend?

Robyn's P.O.V.
"So Thomas," Steph smiled, leaning on the kitchen counter and folding her arms, "Been in any new movies lately?"

"Haha, no not much recently." He laughed, handing Steph her tea. "Last year I was in a film called The Last Legion but the only thing I've done this year was a short film Pinocchio." He finished, placing my tea in front of me as I sat at the breakfast bar next to Steph.

"Oh yes, I remember seeing you in that! You were excellent!" Steph winked, sipping at her tea as she did.

"Urrrr, thanks." Thomas said slowly. He quickly glanced at me, and I just rolled my eyes and held my hands up. Hey I couldn't help it if Steph was flirting with him! Before Steph could reply, I quickly thought of a distraction that would save Thomas from further embarrassment.

"So Steph, I forgot to ask what room you're in!" I grinned, turning my full attention to her. I will admit that I was kinda interested in what Thomas was saying, I mean I had seen some of the stuff he'd done and he was very good at acting. But I felt that if Steph continued bombarding Thomas with questions, Thomas would just get creeped out!

"Oh haha of course," She said giggling and tossing her hair, merely paying my question any attention, "I'm in room 128 in the next building."

"Oh cool, so you're close by then." I added. I could have sworn I saw Thomas sigh with relief when she said she was in another building.

"Yeah, yeah I'm pretty close by." She said distantly, still watching Thomas (who was now fidgeting and looking at his feet) over the rim of her cup. God I was going to have to do something quick - I couldn't stand this anymore. I know she's my best friend and all, but she was embarrassing Thomas and I'd be the one to blame if I didn't stop it right now. Quick. Time for a diversion.

"Oh God," I said shooting up out of my chair, "I'm so sorry Steph but me and Thomas have to go and see our professor for photography about our first assignment." I shot Thomas a quick look, who seemed to get my point.

"Oh damn, yeah I forgot about that! I better grab my keys and phone!" Thomas exclaimed, turning round and dumping his cup in the sink.

"Wait, we haven't started school yet. Why would you be going to see him beforehand?" Steph asked, wiggling her eyebrows in a confused manner. Both me and Thomas froze in our tracks. Shoot.

"Urrr well, we um..." I stammered. "Thomas knows, he'll tell you." I added quickly, nudging him in the side with my elbow. He shot me an annoyed look.

"Wait, I know? You were the one who suggested we go see our professor in the first place." Thomas argued. I stared at him long and hard.

"Oh yes, silly me, of course it was me who suggested it." I said through gritted teeth, "Urm well you see, Steph the point of this extra assignment is for........extra credit! Yes, that's it. We're doing this for extra credit!" Phew. That was a bloody close one!

"Yes. Yes, that's it." Thomas sighed with relief, nodding frantically as he did. Steph looked disappointed - bloody hell she must be really clueless if she actually believed this story!

"Oh, um okay then. Well I'll guess I'll see you around then." she said sighing. Standing up from her seat, she grabbed her bag and Thomas and I walked her to the door.

Thomas' P.O.V.
As we walked towards the door, Robyn stopped quickly.

"Oh wait one second guys, I'll just grab my keys and I'll walk Steph to her room!" Robyn said, turning on her heel and rushing to her bedroom. That left me and Steph standing out in the corridor.

"So Thomas," she whispered, looking up at me with big blue eyes. Man those eyes were beautiful, but quite startling to be frank. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Oh. My. God. I thought.

"Haha no I don't." I said, laughing nervously. "I'm not really ready for a girlfriend just yet, with me starting university and all." 'Good one Thomas - at least that's a good enough excuse', I thought to myself.

"Oh well that's a shame." Steph whispered, looking at her feet before looking back up at me. "Maybe we can change that yeah?" I laughed nervously again, this time taking a step back as I did. Bloody hell Robyn, how long does it take to find your keys?

"Hey, I can't seem to find my keys." Robyn called, coming back towards us from her room. Thank God Robyn! Any longer with Steph and I would go mad!

"Oh okay, well no worries." Steph said, smiling at Robyn and hugging her. "Well it was nice to see you both and hopefully I'll see you around soon?" She added, looking at me and winking before opening the door and leaving. It didn't take me two seconds to run to the door and slam it shut, pressing my back up against it as I did.

"Bloody hell, Thomas," Robyn laughed, putting a hand on my shoulder, "You really can't keep those girls off ya huh?!"

"Robyn," I said looking up at her, "I think she tried asking me out!"