Chapter#3

Dedicated to pakeeza2 Zeeshaa

Walima ceremony went tiring and somewhat irritating. What with the people and their meaningful smirks. First of all, it was not my fault that baby blue and cream colour dress suits me better than the red wedding dress. So, why I was targeted with embarrassing comments?

Quickly I took a shower and changed into my nightdress. There was no point of keep wearing it as my husband didn't care about it. I walked out of the bathroom and found my dear hubby texting someone, still wearing his Tuxedo.

His head snapped to me and his eyes slowly took in my full appearance. His facial expression turned into a disgusted one and a triumph smile found on my face, which I quickly hide and walk towards the wardrobe to take out a spare blanket for myself.

"What? Never seen a girl before?" I turn to him when he didn't stop staring for long.

"I have seen more pretty and sexy girls than you but it's my first time watching a long rod wearing a clothing bag." He said taking off his coat.

Yes, I am skinny and tall but not like a pole like he defined so normally people make fun of me just like he did because I like to wear baggy clothes.

"Whatever." Giving a longing glance to bed I lay down on the floor.

"You know we can share the bed." He said after a while.

"Save your politeness for needy. I am not bothered sleeping on the floor. It reminds me that human isn't that great as he pretends to be." I said remaining my eyes closed.

"What do you mean?" I heard his irritated voice.

"Just speaking my mind... Shab-a-Khair hubby dear."

"Annoying woman." I heard his mumble and turn on the other side to hide my smile.

~*~

"Assalam o Alaikum Ami (mother)." I peeked into the kitchen where Ami was giving instruction for breakfast.

"Wallaikum Assalam beta (child). You're up early. Where is Ehtemsham?"

"He is sleeping."

"So why are you awake?"

"I am used to waking up early... don't like to waste all morning in sleep."

"Mashallah... So what do you like to have for breakfast?"

"Anything will be fin-"

"Dadi! (Father's mother)" I was interrupted by a sleepy voice. I turned around and found a little girl about the age of five, wearing a baby pink sleeping dress. Her straight brown hairs were all over her face.

"Dadi Assalam-" Before she could complete the sentence she tripped on her trouser and fell.

Ami gasped and I rushed towards her and pick her up.

"Are you alright?" I asked tucking her hairs back on her ear. She didn't answer and kept looking at me in a daze.

"Beta are you alright?" I asked again kissing her cheek and she nodded.

"What is your name?"

"Sadaf Ghori."

"Wow that a very pretty name." I kissed her cheek again. She turns her face and as soon as her she saw Ami tears start rolling in her big black eyes.

Eh???

"Dadi..." She reached out for her crying and I carefully set her on the floor. She quickly ran to Ami and cling to her legs.