Chapter # 37

Not edited.

Fiza's POV:

"Chachu, can I say something?" I said putting a cup of tea on the side table near him and sit on the floor next to his feet just like I used to sit near Dada Abu (grandfather) and Baba Jani.

"Of course, what is it?" Chachu put his book on a side and leaned towards me, with a knowing smile on his face. He probably guessed I want something from him.

"Chachu, I am thinking about looking for a job. I can't sit at home anymore."

I have been thinking this for a while now, I don't want to depend on anyone anymore. My self-respect doesn't allow me to bear it anymore. Although I don't need any money since Nuwair sends me enough money to take care of my own expenses I can't ask him to help me forever, I have to move on and find a purpose for living.

"Does someone say anything?"

"Who and why would someone say anything Chachu? I want to do a job because I am bored."

"Then why don't you continue your studies instead of looking for a job?"

"I don't think I have the brain to study more than I already have." I grin like an idiot.

He chucked and say, "Then start with a short course, it will help you to get acquaintance with the environment and people of this city."

"Okay... I will look for something."

"Ask Sumbul if you need help." He said picking the cup of tea from the table.

"Um... Chachu. How are Baba Jani and everyone?"

"You aren't in contact with them?"

I shook my head negative and say, "I can only hear something if I call any brother of mine but I am not sure that they tell me the truth or not. I bet they don't even know themselves how Baba Jani s doing."

"Everyone is fine. Don't worry about them."

"Hm. That great." I smiled and get up.

"Wait. Sit for a minute." He holds my hand and I sat down again.

"I get a call from Sheheryar yesterday. He told me that Taha birthday is about to come and he wishes to celebrate it this coming Saturday on his farmhouse where we visited last time. He invited all of us, so I want you to take Sumbul and Asaaf with you and buy a gift for Taha." I nodded.

"Tell me Chachu, why are you getting so close to Sheheryar Sahab these days? Aren't Chachi jealous?"

He laughed out loud at my question and say, "I don't know about my wife but you sure look jealous."

"I am." I deadpanned.

"Means my value doesn't fall down with the passage of time."

"There is no way your value would fall down."

~*~

Sumbul POV:

"What the hell is this?" I said glaring at the dark clouds pouring raindrops on the ground heavily.

"It is call raining." Apiya smiled.

I made a displeased face and say, "You aren't going to enjoy the rain."

Apiya really likes rain, that's why her mood gets better now. For some reason, she was quite down while coming here and even meeting with kids even cheer her up. I also noticed that she has become quieter these days, there must be something going on in her mind.

Perhaps someone said something that hurt her feelings or... maybe that idiot guy Ehtesham tried to call her...

"Api-" I opened my mouth but before I could even call her name, Asaaf dragged her out in the rain along with the kids. She tries to rush back in but Sadaf clings to her legs and stopped her from moving. It was quite a scene watching her threatening Sadaf about not letting her eat ice cream and Asaaf assuring her that he will treat her. Taking it a chance I walk away from there and made my way to Sheheryar Bhai's room.