Chapter # 47

Unedited.

Sheheryar's P.O.V:

Sitting on the bed beside Fiza, I stared at her sleeping face for quite a long but didn't wake her up. Last night her exhausted face and the dark circle under her eyes made me worried. She told me that she was unable to sleep in my absence, that she felt insecure even in the presence of Kaka. To be honest it was hard for me to believe, that a person like her could feel insecure. Especially when I witnessed her travelling alone with kids at night in the outskirts of the city.

If this is the real, Fiza then who was the woman I saw that day?

But she cried later in the car right??? I remember her wiping the tears.

Means, she was putting up a brave act? While being hurt and scared from inside. I wonder what made her take such a reckless step that night.

What have you suffered Fiza??

I gently pushed a strand of hair from her face, which woke her up. With squinted eyes, she looked at me and smiled.

"Assalam o Alaikum."

"Wallaikum Assalam." I answered and kissed her forehead. It's a strange habit that I developed since first I heard Sadaf and Taha Salam me after waking up in the morning and after living with Fiza, I understand from where they learned it. So, just like kids, I kissed her forehead too.

"Why are you up so early? What time is it?" She asked in a sleepy voice.

"It's almost noon my beloved lady. Would you like to have breakfast or lunch?" I smirked, leaning on her face and her eyes went wide.

"Sadaf,... school."She tried to get but I pushed her on the bed again.

"She is in school. I sent her."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"Hm, good question. Actually, ... you can say...I was under your spell."

"Spell?"

"Yes, the one you cast upon me last night."

~*~

Fiza's POV:

I stared at him unable to understand what he just said, as he gazed back at me with his brown smiling eyes. Eyes, which once looked like a deep pound of water where no wave can emerge, never imagined that these eyes were hiding a mighty ocean of feelings inside.

"Yes, the one you cast upon me last night."

"What do you mean?"

"I came running yesterday feeling homesick and out of nowhere a fairy appeared on the doorstep of my house and embraced me in her arms." His smile widened as he continues, "Then she said some incantations in my ears and suddenly my homesickness and all tiredness flew away. I was welcomed into the home by her and then she put something on my lips and cast her spell. You know, it was really magical and powerful. I was unable to put up any resistance, so the fairy took advantage of it and left me to guard her while she slept peacefully in my arms."

My face started to feel hot and a smile formed on my face at his strange method of explaining. So what if I kissed him and asked him to stay beside me until I sleep, it wasn't the first time and there was no need to put it that way.

"I couldn't sleep a blink, the thought that of spell-breaking scared me."

"You are very good at playing with words." I said sitting up.

"I would believe when they affect on you."

That's how he wants my response to his feelings, by words, by actions...