Chapter # 40

Sumbul's POV

"Her decision is right na?" I asked Quddsia baji who is standing beside me while looking at Apiya as she signed the Nikkah papers. The next day Sheheryar Bhai proposed to Apiya, he comes to our house and properly asked for her hand in marriage. None of us told the story related to the ring and his proposal, so after asking Apiya the Nikkah date got fixed. But both Apiya and Sheheryar Bhai's parents refused to come in Nikkah. I overheard Papa telling Ami that Sheheryar Bhai's parents are very against it but he is still willing to marry and maybe he will soon corner himself from their family business too. It made me worry but the hope of Apiya's happy future start to lit brightly. If he is thinking about taking this extreme step then maybe he will take care of my sister too.

"Of course, why you doubt it?"

"Sometimes she looked so unsure and lost that it left me with dozens of doubts. Especially since Baba Jani rejected this marriage, Sheheryar Bhai's parents also didn't accept it." I sighed.

"Fiza's Baba Jani, Sheheryar Bhai's parents, Ehtesham, his parents and every one of us. All are living their lives peacefully, no one has the right to complain about anything when they don't share Fiza's or Sheheryar Bhai' burden. Have faith and pray for their happiness." She patted my back with a smile and we both walk over to Apiya, where Nuwair Bhai patting her head while she was wiping her tears. Whatever people say, but I still see the uncertainty in her eyes. She looked somewhat afraid, doesn't have the happiness in her eyes like before when she gets married to that jerk. I shook my head and hugged Apiya to congrats her, finally his shadow is far away from my sister's life, no more sadness for her. 

Just after Maghrib prayer, dinner was served and Qudsia baji, my family with Nuwair Bhai and his wife Ruksat (see off) Apiya with Sheheryar Bhai. No groom's family, no flowers, no guests, no wedding dress. My sister got Ruksat in a simple red colour dress. Like everyone else, I watch the car disappearing from my eyes with a confused emotion of happiness mixed with sadness.

"Uncle, allow me to take my leave." I heard Qudsia Baji's voice and abruptly turn towards her.

"Baji you are going so soon?"

"Yes, your Behnoi (brother-in-law) must be waiting for me."

"Why didn't you bring him here?" I asked.

"At least let me breathe without him." She whispered winking at me and turn to Papa.

"When will you visit next time?" Papa asked.

"On Sumbul's wedding. I have noticed she got quite mature. Allah soon shows you the day when you Ruksat your second daughter." She patted my shoulder and I gave her a fake glare.

Papa laughed and say, "Inshallah."

After saying 'Allah Hafiz' to all Qudsia baji also left with Asaf offer her drop at the hotel she is staying.

When I entered the house, I instantly felt an emptiness. Nuwair Bhai, Ami, and Papa went towards the living room and I excused myself. It's been hardly one year when Apiya starts living with us but it feels like she has been here from birth. I walk into Apiya's room and watch her things she left here. Just a week ago she was proposed to by Sheheryar Bhai and now she is his wife.

How time flies...

Sheheryar Bhai you took my sister away, you better take care of her too...

~*~

Sheheryar's POV:

By the time we reached home both of the kids fell asleep on the back of the car. It doesn't take me this long to reach home, but the presence beside me on the passenger seat forced me to drive slowly and carefully, as my attention kept diverting towards her. The red colour dress suits her better than any other colours I have seen her wearing, I couldn't stop myself from glancing at her now and then. Perhaps she is aware of my eyes as her face getting redder and redder.