Chapter # 28

Not edited.

Ehtesham's POV:

"Ehtesham... eat it. I didn't bring you here to eat cold food." I glanced at the table and put the fork on the side.

"I am not hungry." I told her.

"Ehtesham..." She whined.

"Sania, please don't force me."

"Is something wrong?" She asked after a pause.

"Hm?... everything is fine." I answered looking away from her.

"Your parents made a fuss about us again?" I frowned at the words she uses for my parents but stays quiet.

"No, they aren't talking to me at all... We went to Fiza's house yesterday."

"And?"

"And, she asked me for separation." I sighed.

"Oh my God! That's great news Ehtesham." She squealed happily.

"At least now you don't have to worry about your parents to blame you for giving her divorce." I heard her voice but my mind isn't there to respond to her. It is wandering far away, from my physical being. The memories of those brown teary eyes don't leave me alone.

'Free me...'

I wonder if she meant those words from the heart.

"Ehtesham???" Someone shook my hand.

"Hm?" I turned my head and find Sania giving me a questioning look.

"What is it?"

"I asked you when are you giving her divorce?"

"To who?" I asked with an absent mind.

"Fiza! who else?"

"Oh!... let's see." I was unable to give her a proper answer and after giving me an unfathomable look she turns her attention to the food. I also didn't drag the conversation and eat silently.

~*~

I glanced at the watch in my office and close my eyes again. Another day went by in the same situation as my mind is somewhere else and I am doing daily work like the machine which is programmed to do like the command. I want to go home and take a nap but this last hour of work is becoming like a never-ending limbo. I couldn't sleep properly, I couldn't eat and from yesterday I am mostly depending on the tea. But right now, even a cup of tea isn't good enough for my headache.

A knock on the door made me open my eyes, "Come in."

"Sir, Madam Sania send these papers. She said that your signature is required for the process of payment." Said the office clerk.

"Hm! Leave it here." I said pouting towards my table.

"Um... Sir, Madam Sania said she wants the documents right now."

I sighed and said," Fine, give it to me."

In haste, I signed the documents and return the file to him, "Now don't disturb me, until it's very urgent."

"Okay, Sir." With that, he took his leave and I lean back in my chair again.

'Free me'

Fiza's cry rings in my ear, as those teary eyes flashed again.

I couldn't understand why can't I forget that image. The tone of her voice, her shocked expression, painful eyes and her fragile figure. She looked so weak that day. The bags under her eyes are clearly visible and making her look weaker like she is recovering from severe illness. I couldn't help but feel a little guilty for her state.