Chapter # 44

Unedited.

Ehtesham's POV:

"Why did you leave me there?" Sania stormed into the room and throw her clutch onto the bed.

"It was your own choice to stay there. I called you before leaving and waited for you too."

"How can I leave the important gathering like this in such a rush, there were so many people who knew me."

"That's why I am not inquiring you the reason."

"But I need to know your reason to leave."

I take a deep breath and put my cell phone down, "What would you do if I told you."

"I just want to make sure that you didn't leave because of that bitch."

"What?" I frowned at the choice of her word.

"You weren't upset that she married Sheheryar, right?"

"Why would I be upset?"

"Then why did you leave?"

"I had an argument with Sheeryars's mother."

"Because of Fiza?"

"Why are you keep trying to involve her? They are Taimoor's in-laws too. We argued upon kids."

"Oh! Don't tell me she was asking to take kids' custody?" Sania tone of voice softened and she abruptly sits beside me.

"No."

"Thank God. I thought Sheheryar and Fiza asked her to talk to you."

"They will not abandon the kids."

"Abandoned? Ehtesham, putting them into boarding school doesn't count in abandoning."

"Boarding School? Where did you hear it from? Are they sending the kids to boarding?"

"No, they are not. But they might soon. I heard there that Sheheryar marry Fiza because of her family background, which will defiantly benefit him in business. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes such a step. After all, he wants to spoil their daughter to play the game right and being with kids it would be quite impossible."

I don't know what irked me, her nonchalant tone of voice or something else but I certainly feel irritated.

Does Sheheryar really has such intentions???

For some reason, this thought sticks in my mind like gum.

~*~

Sheheryar's POV:

"You can go to sleep, Fiza. I will switch off the lights." I said when the book in her hand dropped on her face.

"I am not sleepy, I am reading."

"With close eyes?"

"I am awake." She straightened herself on the bed.

"Why do you force yourself to stay up with me?"

"I am not forcing?"

"Your tendency of denying is very impressive." I put my laptop on the side and snatched Fiza's book too.

"Now, go to sleep." I turned off the lamp on her side and pull her into my arms.

"Fiza?"

"Hm?"

"Do you have a fever?" I touched her forehead, "You have. Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I don't have a fever. I am just tired, will be alright until tomorrow."