Chapter # 50

Unedited.

Fiza's POV:

"Yes, I went to clinical for a checkup today." Sheheryar said in a convincing voice.

"Did you tell the doctor about your headache too?"

"I did."

"What did he say?" I asked patting the back of sleeping Taha beside me. Since Sheheryar left this is how I spent most part of the nights, talking with him and it's strange that we never feel the loss of topics to talk about.

"He said that I have been looking at very bright things lately and prescribe the use of sunglasses before watching you."

"What?" I didn't understand what he said but instead of answering me he only chuckled.

"... I miss you Fiza." His voice came like a whisper.

There he goes again, saying such things out of the blue and leaving a giddy feeling inside me.

He said he misses me like I could be important to him. So important that he would miss me...

"... I miss you too."

"You should have stopped me from leaving." He sighed.

"You should've taken me with you."

"...Yes, I should have," He said after a pause, "You know Fiza, recently I came to know a few characteristics about myself, which were unknown to me before."

"Which are?"

"I have realized that I am selfish, impatient and a little insecure... Therefore, I fear that I will make mistakes, my emotions could go out of control and at times hard to handle... Especially when you confess your feelings to me... The time I spent abroad and each moment I spent now without you is similar to punishment to me... you are not here, every time this thought surfaces up in my mind I want to come flying to you...If it weren't for your father and Chachu, I would've brought you with me. I am quite ashamed to admit it but it was only the respect for elders that made me overcome my selfishness. Otherwise, I might not be able to let us apart again for this long."

Unable to understand how to respond to him I kept quiet while staring into space. My face started to feel hot just like when he touches me.

"...Fiza?

"Hm."

"Why you suddenly went quiet?"

Because I don't know how to answer your affection...

"... When will you come?" I asked.

"What is the date of Maliha's engagement?"

"Next Sunday."

"I will be with you on Saturday night."

"I will wait."

"It's nice to hear that someone will wait for me." I heard after a soft chuckle.

It's nice to wait for someone...

~*~

"Ami..." I heard a voice with a touch on my face. I forced open my eyes and find Taha's face almost upside down.

"Ya Allah." I gasped and quickly got up.

It took me a few moments to regain my senses and the next thing I know that Taha crawling up to me and sat on my lap.

"You scared me Taha." My heart was still hammering against my chest.

After talking with Sheheryar over the phone almost all night, I barely got any sleep and woke up in the morning with this unexpected sight. The level of helplessness is undefinable when your offender sits on your lap and looks at you innocently.