Chapter # 39

Unedited.

Sheheryar's POV:

"Beta, I have served dinner." My housekeeper comes to tell me. He is a middle-aged man, working in my house for the last five years.

"No Kaka (uncle), I don't have an appetite." I said staring at the glowing lamp in the corner of my room.

"Are you alright Beta, why you have lockup yourself since you came home?" He asked walking over to me.

"Kaka, I have been thinking, how hard can one's luck be? There should be any limits right?"

"Desolation is a crime. Have faith, Allah always save best for the people who believe in Him."

"How can you always be so positive?" I gave him a sad smile.

"I have seen the world more than you. Experience speaks beta. Come on, eat something."

"I will eat later Kaka, you can go home.

"How can I go home when you are like this?"

I smiled, I wish my parents would be like this.

"I will be fine I promise if you say then I will call you after eating."

"Then I will wait for your call."

I smiled and say, "Allah Hafiz Kaka."

"Allah Hafiz beta, Allah bless you." He left the room mumbling several blessings for me.

I sighed lean back on the back of my bed.

If only I could borrow some of your experience Kaka, then I might be able to understand the reason for her rejection.

Since Fiza left me in the hotel, I tried to call her several times but she didn't attend once, later I got a single text from her, that she has reached home and needs to be alone. After knowing that she got home safely, I didn't try to contact her. I don't have any reason to, she has already given her answer. What else there is to be talked about?

There is something wrong with me...

At first, I fell in love with the wrong person. A person who belonged to someone else. On her separation, I always felt a bit guilty that it might be because of the unspoken prayer that destroyed her home and then I come face to face with hope. Hope to have that person in my life who was silently residing in my heart but today, I realize that perhaps it was my punishment for falling in love with the wrong person. Perhaps it was too much to ask.

Dejectedly I leave my place and eat cold food alone. Tonight I was missing the kids more than usual if they were here my mind diverts a bit. Taking my phone I walk outside into the courtyard, hoping that fresh air will help me to calm my nerves.

After a minute or two, I received Sumbul's call, which I didn't take, but when she called again I thought it is rude to ignore, therefore I pick the call.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" She chirps like a morning bird.

"Wallaikum Assalam."

"Sheheryar Bhai I wasn't expecting this from you."

"Hm?"

"You take my Appiya with you, so it was your responsibility to drop her home too."

Your Appiya rejected me and leave on her own...

"I was planning to drop her if she has waited for me."

"Seriously Sheheryar Bhai, you still blame her? At first, you take her to market lying that you have a ring to buy someone and then you suddenly purpose her. Don't you think it would be too much for a person to swallow all at once?"