Chapter#16

Fiza's POV: 

"Apiya...!" I startled when I hear a very familiar shriek. My state of shock wasn't left unnoticed by Sheharyar. He looks at me expecting an answer but instead of answering him, I turned to the source of the voice, only to find the person whom I was expecting after hearing the shriek; Sumbul.

Taking four long strides, she stood in front of me. I also quickly got up and got engulfed by her in a tight hug.

"Assalam o Alaikum, Apiya. What a pleasant coincidence to see you here. How are you?" She asked, pulling back from the hug.

"Wallaikum Assalam, I should be the one saying that. When did you come here? And why didn't you tell me?" I pinched her lightly.

"Aiii! Apiya sorry, I was planning to give you a surprise." She hissed in pain.

"When? A day before going back?"

"Ary, no na. I will tell you everything in detail later." I give her a fake glare and turn to my little sister who was coming towards us slowly.

"I didn't know you made a new friend." I whispered.

"You know she would never be my friend. By the way, who are they?" She said, looking at our table.

"Ary! I totally forgot. Sumbul, this is Sadaf and Taha. I told you, remember?" I said, pointing towards them and continued, "And he is Sheharyar, their Mamo."

"Oh! Assalam o Alaikum." She Salam Sheharyar and crouched down to shake hands with the kids. Sadaf, as usual, shook her hand with full confidence, Taha, on the other hand, waited until Sheharyar tells him to shake hand.

I turned to my sister so she could also join us but change my mind when I saw her taking a picture of me and Sheharyar as he was standing next to me.

She is just...

I narrowed my eyes at her and she returns me a devilish smile. Means, this picture will be going to Ehtesham soon.

She is the worst...

I gritted my teeth and focus back on Sumbul, who was busy in talking about her studies with Sheharyar. He later asked them to join us but she excuses herself and leaves, dragging Maliha with her.

Looking at their retrieving forms, I thanked Sumbul in my heart for being so considerate, or else Maliha would defiantly do or say something to humiliate me. She always does, one of the main reasons why I hate her. When they were out of my sight, I turn my focus to Taha, who was holding the menu card upside down and trying to read it...?

"Taha, what are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Reading." He said in a tone as though it's the most obvious thing in the world for a kid of his age to read a menu. While he kept his focus on his 'reading'.

"What are you reading?" I asked and he gives me a lost look.

"Tell me what do you read?" I leaned towards him.

"Juice, ice-cream, fries and boti (meat)." He told me the name of pictures in the menu card and I patted his head, appreciating him.

"This is not boti, it is chicken." Sadaf announced loudly and both Taha and I look at her.

"Mamo, this is chicken na?" She asked Shahyar to confirm it and when he answers in affirmative, he told Taha that he was wrong.

It made me chuckle and I quickly divert Taha's attention, or they will start fighting over a 'Boti'.

I don't know what I would do if I hadn't met them after my marriage...

~*~

"Aha! Someone came early today." Was the first sentence I heard as we entered the house. He might be addressing it to Sadaf, but I was the one whom he was speaking to.