Chapter # 26

Fiza's POV:

If anyone wishes to know how a person's mind went numb after thinking too much. They can ask me. Since I woke up and did nothing but thinking, thinking and more thinking. I didn't leave my room and pretended to fall asleep after breakfast.

How long will you continue with this drama???

How long will you run from the truth???

These questions start to dance in my head after I got exhausted from thinking. Therefore, I decided to confront it. The harsh reality of my life, which I tried so hard to hide from the world. But we can't hide the truth for long, right?

I should've known. I shouldn't have hide, but how could I leave that house? How could I leave while knowing that there are people there, who have a more tragic past than mine and need someone to give them the care and love that every kid deserve. I didn't have a mother but have a father, an elder brother, Dada, Dadi, Chachu and those kids, those kids have grandparents, who couldn't live with them, a Taya (father's big brother) who cares nothing except his own self, and a Mamo who care for them but not more than his work.

Those kids save me from breaking down, after knowing that my married life has ended before even starting. The existence of those kids in my life makes it less pitiful and for the time, I felt to be of some use and to have the right to happiness like other people. But I guess it was too much to ask. I mean how an unlucky, bad ominous person like me deserve happiness. A person who devoured her mother the moment she was born. How such a person can live a happy life???

"Fiza answer me." Chachu's gentle voice brought me back to reality. I looked up and found Chachu sitting before me on the bed.

"Hm?"

What did he ask?

"How are you?"

"I- I am fine."

"...I know how fine you really are." He said after a pause and I lowered my gaze, unable to answer his comment.

"Come outside and eat something."

"I am not hungry Chachu." I mumbled.

"Not hungry or doesn't want to face everyone?"

"Both."

"Fiza, if you are afraid that anyone will question you about Ehtesham then, I will stop them." He assures me and I shook my head.

"Chachu, I am not afraid to be questioned. I just loathed the pitiful look in others' eyes for me."

"...That's why you kept quiet about everything?" My head snapped towards him.

"What do you mean kept quiet? Did Qudsia say anything?"

"No, Sumbul told me."

Sumbul?

How does she know?

"Who told Sumbul?" I asked"

"I don't know."

There were a few minutes of silence between us. Perhaps like me, he also has too much to say but don't know where to start.

"Ehteshams's Parents are in the city." He informed me.

"They are?... why?"

Don't tell me that they read the news too...

"Aren't you aware of the reason already?" He gave me a questioning look and I lowered my head.

"They wish to meet you tomorrow. If you are ready."