Chapter # 42

Unedited.

Ehtesham's POV:

Sheheryar's house was completely engulfed by the lights, arrangement for guests was made in the backyard of the house. The decoration was beautiful but not exaggerating and the soft music was making the environment more refreshing.

"I am glad that Sheheryar got re-married and didn't waste his life... I mean it's nice to take care of kids but the fact would never change that he is not their father." Sania said walking beside me.

"Hm." Was my reply. For some reason, I was feeling uneasy, but can't point out the reason for it.

"Ehtesham!" I heard Sheheryar's voice from behind and both of us turn around.

"I am glad you came. Assalam o Alaikum." He said shaking hands with me.

"Thank you for inviting and congratulations on your marriage." Said Sania.

"Thank you." He smiled with a cutting nod, "Uncle and Auntie are already here. I am going to meet them, are you guys coming?"

"Sure." Answered Sania and start walking behind him as he leads the way.

"Sheheryar, where are the kids?" I asked taking small steps behind them.

"Probably with your parents." He answered.

"They must've missed each other." Comment Sania.

As Sheheryar said, the kids were really with Ami and Papa. Taha was sitting on Ami's lap, while Sadaf was talking to Papa. On reaching them, I pinched Sadaf's cheek from behind and her head automatically turns towards me with an annoyed look, which was instantly replaced by a smile.

"TAYA ABU." She screamed and jumped off of the chair. I also leaned down and quickly scoop her into my arms.

"Ary! Someone got big." I comment on which she smiled proudly.

"Hello, Taha." Sania reached out her hand to him and he gingerly shook her hand.

"Sadaf, this is your Tai Ami." I told Sadaf.

"Not, Tai Ami. It's Sania Auntie." Sania said patting Sadaf's head.

"Assalam o Alaikum, Auntie." Greeted Sadaf.

"Hello." She only smiled in answer and look away.

Seriously, this woman doesn't know how to deal with kids...

"Beta where is your wife?" I heard Ami's voice.

"Yes Sheheryar, where is she?" Sania also asked excitedly.

"I left her with my parents. Wait for a minute Auntie, I will bring her."

As Sheheryar excused himself, Sania abruptly turned to me and say, "I hear the rumours that his parents were against this marriage."

"Parents tend to bow their heads child's happiness." Ami answered her before I can open my mouth but her glares were directed towards me. I know what she was referring to, but choose to remain silent.

Soon Sheheryar came again holding hands with a person I never imagine seeing again. Fiza was walking just behind him wearing an orange colour dress. Without thinking I got up from the seat, as my eyes darted from their faces to their intervened hands and come back to her face.

"Uncle, Auntie, Sania. This is my wife, Fiza Sheheryar." He said resting his hand on her back.

"Assalam o Alaikum, thank you for coming today." She said in a formal tone and after it, I couldn't hear or see anything else. I just stared at her calm demeanour. It was just like before, reserved and confident but the look in her eyes has changed. I couldn't put my finger on it but it was different and the blush on her face was something I have never seen.