Chapter # 48

Sheheryar's POV

I called Uncle to inquire about the condition of Fiza's father and informing him about our departure from here. Keeping the current situation of Fiza's house in mind I have decided to take Fiza direct to the hospital and after paying a visit we will go to the hotel room I have rented for us. It's not like I don't know about what happened between Fiza and her parents. Uncle Mazhar has filled me in on everything before our Nikkah. Therefore, I find it unnecessary to burden her more than this. Now the only thing that remains is to tell Fiza, which worries me the most. I hate the look of sorrow on her face, but it is something I cannot hide from her. Sitting in the living room I watched her running around all over the house, giving instruction to Kaka who was busy making dinner and nodding at everything she says. At the same time, she was packing the bags for us and handling the curious Taha and whenever I step forward to help her out she says some comforting words and made me sit again. Her logic behind this was unfathomable to me but I had no other option to do as she said.

Within an hour or so, we were ready to leave for the airport, her skills in managing things really amazed me once again. Reminding me all over again that she is indeed a very good example of a perfect housewife and how blessed my life has become with her in it.

~*~

"Sheheryar, are we going to the hospital directly?"  Asked Fiza when we come out of the airport.

"Yes, later we will go to the hotel."

"But Auntie will be there and we can't take kids to the hospital."

"I have already manage these things." I said pointing towards a car waiting for us. I thought it was better to rent a car so you don't have to go through the trouble of taking a cab.

"Did you call Auntie? How is Uncle now?" 

"He is better now." I sighed shifting the sleeping Taha from one shoulder to the other.

The driver came out of the car and hand over me the keys to the car. I have to tell Fiza about her father before reaching the hospital and need some privacy, so driving is a better option for now.

"Fiza, do you want to eat something?" I asked while starting the car just to keep up a conversation.

"No, I am not hungry."

"Can you keep talking to me? It will divert my mind a little." I want to keep hearing her voice, her soothing words helping me to understand how should I treat her later. 

"Instead of getting worried, pray Allah that we will get better soon. Okay?"

I nodded and said, "Fiza."

"Ji (yes)?"

"I got a call from your Chachu today."

"I see, what did he say?"

"Just asking about everyone."

"I haven't called him for a while, he must have been angry."

"No, he wasn't. Instead, he was expecting you to meet here."

"Where?" She tilted her head, giving me a questioning look.

"Where we are going."

"... hospital? Is he in the hospital? What happened to him?" Before she started to get panic I quickly grabbed her hand.

"He is fine Fiza, don't panic and first hear me out."

I didn't say anything for a while, just keep driving with one hand while holding her hand from the other.

"Say it already." She said in a teary voice when we were about to reach the parking area of the hospital.

"Let me park the car first. Take out your phone and call Uncle. Tell him that we are here." She nodded and turn to take her bag.