Chapter# 18

Fiza's POV:

"Someone is looking unexpectedly beautiful." A masculine voice came out of nowhere and made me jump in surprise. I abruptly turn back and found my hubby dear standing in the middle of the door frame, staring up and down at me.

"Knock before you come in." I huffed and picked up my earring from the floor, which I dropped because of him.

"The door was open." He answered without moving his eyes from me. I quickly grab my dupatta and cover my chest.

"You just ruined a good view." He whined and I shot a glare at him through the mirror and refrained myself from opening my mouth.

After putting on my earrings, I slipped my feet into a flat sandal and walk towards him, "Ready." 

"I am regretting my decision now." Ehtesham said, looking directly into my eyes.  

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

Is he regretting to ask me for dinner???

"I shouldn't have agreed to the contract yesterday. At least I could steal a kiss right now." He said, leaning towards my face.

Huh???

"Like I would allow it." I retorted.

"Who said I would ask for your permission?" He tilted his head as his smirk widened.

"You know it could end our new friendship." I narrowed my eyes.

He chuckled and said, "What difference would it make? Friendship or not, you will remain here. Under the same roof as me, in my reach and with my name." He winked and walks out.

And people call me crazy!

Frowning, I walked behind him, but soon the frown left and a struggle started within me to keep my attention away from his tall handsome frame sitting beside me in the car.

Ya Allah! Why did you make him so attractive??

Even though I prepared myself to be in an utmost concentration, still I feel he looks more eye-catching by the minute.  With a silent sigh, I turned my face towards the window. As soon as my mind diverted from my Prince charming, the thought of Sumbul took over...

~*~

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking at the silent streets leading to the farmhouses at the end of the city.

"Just a little something." Ehtesham answered in an apologetic manner, keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Little something?" 

He better not be fooling me about this dinner thing.

"Yard, actually I have to drop a file there. It will take a few minutes." He said and I nod in response. After reaching our destination, which was a farmhouse. I saw a huge line of cars parked there.

A dinner party???

I thought to confirm from Ehtesham but shrugged it off.

"I will be right back." He said and stepped outside the car.

Minutes passed and his absence exceeded over twenty minutes. About half an hour afterwards, I began calling him, but he didn't answer. I waited for a few more minutes thinking he would be busy and texted him. Thought of going inside crossed my mind but quickly subsided. I don't know anyone there, besides, I cannot leave the kids alone.

Suddenly, a knock on my side of the window startled me. I raised my head and found a young man standing in a grey suit with a smile playing on his lips.