Chapter # 31

Not edited.

Fiza's POV:

Nuwair was brought up in the US but after completing his studies, he didn't want to settle there. Therefore, he travels to many countries and keeps switching his jobs too. After getting his present job in Jeddah he decides to settle down and get married. His job here isn't the perfect one but what holds his feet wasn't the job or the city. It is a girl, which he fell for and couldn't see anything except her. Lucky for him that his feelings got answered and after a year or so they find themselves ready for taking the big step in their lives and get married.

Like every typical Pakistani sister, I was extremely excited for the day to come, when I will see my brother at his wedding Sherwani, but all that dreams and little wishes become meaningless because of the state of my mind. I eat, I sleep, I talk, I laugh, I breathe, my heart still beats, yet I don't feel like a living being.

Several times I thought to go back to Pakistan, at least I could be with Sumbul and who knows I might get a chance to meet kids too. I miss them a lot, I could hear their voices in my head every time that's why I didn't hold back to contact them but I couldn't gather the courage to talk in presence of their Mamo. I don't want to hear words of sympathy. But then I talked to him for Taha, his maid told me many things about him that I want to discuss along with Sadaf's school routine which she shares with me. He hadn't brought up the topic of my divorce and talks to me like before.

He was really having a hard time managing his work and kids at the same time. I felt sorry for him while he fell asleep beside kids this morning when they were talking to me. I wish I could bring the kids here with me so he could relax a bit. Taking take care of two small kids alone isn't easy if it is a woman or a man. Still, he is trying his best which is really admirable.

"Fiza, Nano is here." Someone patted my shoulder bringing me back to reality and I find Nuwair going towards an old lady wearing cream colour Shalwar Kameez. I watch her in a daze. I have seen her picture with Nuwair but it is the first time I am really seeing her. She definitely has a graceful personality and a look of pride on her face which I remember my Dadi use to told me.

"Fiza, she is our Nano (maternal grandmother)." Nuwair introduced me, as he came back to me with her.

"Assalam o Alaikum Nano."

"What is she doing here?" Instead of answering my Salam she bitterly threw the question to Nuwair.

"I brought her here." Answered Nuwair calmly.

"That is what I am asking, why did you bring her here."

"She is my sister Nano and your granddaughter."

"Granddaughter? she is the murderer of my daughter." She glared at me, "Why did you come here, huh? To devour my grandson life too? People like you are a bad omen to all their family members. Go back before Nuwair's Nikkah, I don't want to see an ominous person like you around my grandson."

"Nano." Nuwair scowled.

"Can't you see Nuwair, if she wasn't ominous she wouldn't be attending your wedding as a divorced woman." My head snapped towards Nuwair.

"Who told you this?" Nawair asked Nano.

"Ayesha did." He was taken aback when he heard this name. As his fiancee, he shared several things with her, but those things being told to others would not seem right. I didn't stay there to humiliate myself further.

I think what people say is right when bad time comes over, it all came at once leaving no place of refuge for the person.

~*~