Chapter # 45

Fiza's POV:

Allah has better plans for you!

Dadi (father's mother) used to tell me this and I wanted to believe that but my life always let me down. Until now, until the time I married Sheheryar and came into this house. It is strange how things turned out this way. After knowing the thoughts of Ehtesham on our wedding night, the beautiful picture I painted on the glass of my life cracked and smashed instantly. When Ehtesham and I divorced the pieces of the painting fall on the ground, leaving the frame of my life empty. But when I looked down to hide my tears I saw a beautiful picture formed on its own with the pieces of the broken glass. I still stare at that picture in awe, wondering how can shattered pieces be useful.

I guess Dadi was right, He had better plans for me. I am starting to believe it now because whenever I looked at the picture of my life now, it seems bigger than the picture I have painted before.

Lost in my own world I took the pieces of watermelon and start walking towards the backyard where Sheheryar and the kids were enjoying their time in the pool. This is how we spent most of the weekends going on an outing and stuff like this. Today, Sheheryar planned to stick at home and play some games with the kids. Since he has a flight tonight, therefore he doesn't want to involve himself in an activity in which he goes tired. According to him he was trying was his best to avoid this trip overseas but things didn't go as he planned. So he has no other option to go.

"Who want some watermelon?" I asked out loud putting the watermelon on the table.

"Not us, at least for now." Sheheryar's voice came from behind.

"What? But didn't you just-" I turn around to him and before I could complete my sentence a spray of water hit me.

"Sheheryar...!" I shrieked.

"Don't move or I will shoot. You are surrounded by our people." He said aiming his water gun at me.

"Why did you do this?" I questioned him.

"Because you didn't join us. Therefore, by the law of the weekend, you are guilty. Right kids?" He said looking at Sadaf and Taha who were standing beside him, also aiming their guns at me.

"Yes." They answered in unison.

"I was working in the kitchen."

"Still you are guilty. Ready Sadaf, Taha? We are going to take down your Mami (Mamo's wife). FIRE."

A loud shriek left my mouth when I was shot by three water guns at a time.

"Sadaf, Taha stop it." I said loudly and heard Sheheryar's voice in response.

"Don't stop my soldiers. We are near to victory."

"What victory?" I shouted turning my face to another side."

"Fiza, you are mine now." Suddenly I heard Sheheryar's serious voice from behind, as his arm circled around my waist. He pulled me back to his chest and the next thing I know, I was falling back with him.

~*~

Sheheryar's POV:

A loud scream escaped from Fiza mouth when I take her down into the pool with me. Holding her waist I steadied her and she starts gasping.

"Wh-why did... you do that?" She said while coughing.

"To bring you back." I remove the wet strands of hair from her face.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." I winked and turn to Sadaf and Taha, who were both laughing at the situation.