Chapter# 13

Fiza's POV:

I rushed into my room. And slump down on the floor after shutting myself in. I need some time alone to steady my stupid heart, which is beating like a thousand miles per second. His melting voice echoes in my mind and I could still feel the warmth of his body on my side.
Why does it have to be this way? Why am I attracted to him? Shouldn't I hate him for deceiving me? And what does he want from me? Why does he want me to give in when he already has a girlfriend? Just to please him?

It would never happen...

I have made up my mind and I am not going to change it. Why should I accept him when I know in the end, he will still marry his girlfriend while I will be left all alone. Why should I invest in a relationship when I know it has no future?

I put my head on the bed and close my eyes for a few minutes until Taha finds me. He always does. Wherever I am, he always wants me in his sight. Sometimes I want to ask him why he is becoming so attached to me. But he couldn't answer me that, right? I smile to myself, thinking of how his reaction might be if I asked. 

After exactly five minutes, I heard Taha's voice calling for 'Ami'. I shook my head and quickly got up. His voice sounds so sweet when he says the word 'Ami' but it gets painful to hear when I don't respond back for too long or when no one tells him where I am. I don't know if he is afraid of what is making him search for me so desperately. So, I try my best to answer him as soon as possible.

"Ji (Yes) Taha?" I pop out my head from my room. 

"Kya ker rai hain? (What are you doing?)"

"Nothing." 

"Main ajaon? (Can I come?)"

"Yes." He gave me a toothy grin and came running inside. He stood near my dressing table and starts to count my lipsticks like he always does. I sat beside him on the carpet to help him count because he is still learning.

Not much time pass when Sadaf came in holding Ehtesham's phone in her hands.

"Call." She said, giving me his mobile.

"Beta, this is Bare Papa's phone. Give it to him." I told her.

"He is in the bathroom."

"Oh." I take the phone from her and my jaws clench as soon as I read the caller's name. 

"Hello, Assalam o Alaikum?" I pick her call, like a typical wife who likes to keep an eye on her husband.

"Who are you?" She asked in a strict voice.

"The only one who has the right to use Ehtesham's phone." I answered calmly.

"Fiza?" She hissed.

"The one and only. Fiza Ehtesham." I nodded my head.

"Don't get so cocky. Just because Ehtesham married you, doesn't mean he will ever love you." 

"Don't get so cocky. Just because he loves you, doesn't mean he will marry you." I replied in the same tone.

Tch!

What am I doing???

"Sadaf beta, take this phone to your Bare Papa and tell him Phuppo (Father's sister) wants to talk to him." I said, giving her the phone.

"Which Phuppo?" She asks curiously because Ehtesham doesn't have a sister and all of his cousins live out of the city.

"A Phuppo from far far away. Now go, quick." She quickly ran toward Ehtesham's room.

I know I shouldn't have done what I just did and it made me look like a jealous wife, but what can I do? Jealous or not, I am a wife after all. I grin like a madwoman thinking of what she might do to my poor hubby dear.