Chapter # 36

Unedited.

Sumbul's POV:

"WHAT?" I almost scream as Asaaf told me about the conversation Papa and Sherheryar Bhai had.

"Ary chup! (be quiet)" Asaaf quickly covered my mouth with his hand.

"You're lying, aren't you?" I shove his hand from my mouth.

"Why would I lie about this matter?" He scowled and peeks outside the room.

"Then what did Sheheryar Bhai say?"

"He agreed."

"Really?" I jumped off the bed and was about to run outside when Asaaf held my arm to stop me.

"Where are you going?"

"To ask Ami."

"Ask her what?"

"Apiya's response."

"Api, have you gone nuts? I just told you not to talk about it. Papa clearly told Sheheryar Bhai that it is just what he thinks. He didn't discuss in front of anyone."

"Who cares, now everyone will know. Let go of my hand."

"Papa will scold me yar. What's wrong with you?" He tightened his grip on my arm.

"Okay okay, fine. I get your point. Just leave my arm already." As I wiggled my hand, he abruptly leaves it.

"Sorry."

I gasped looking at my arm, the impression of his fingers can easily be seen on it.

"Assaf gadhe (donkey). Look what have you done."

"Sorry na." He said nonchalantly.

"If I wasn't happy about the news you just gave me, I would've taken revenge on you."

"Can't you use your brain for a while?"

"What do you mean?"

"You are getting excited like Sheheryar Bhai's agreement was the only thing needed. Have you forgotten about Apiya. Do you think she would agree to such a thing?"

"Hmm... You have point. But to be honest Apiya's agreement wouldn't be such a problem if we play the Trump card, but still... It would be like forcing her into the marriage. Right?"

"Yes, so stay silent until others don't take any initiative." He said angrily and leaves the room.

Stay silent...?

I would never...

~*~

"Aani (Khala-mother's sister). Why are we not going back home?"

"Because we are living here now."

"Won't Bare Abbu be lonely?"

Hmph! why would he? he has his new bride, his lover with him...

I thought but I obviously couldn't tell her that.

"Actually, he is not in the city right now. Just like your Mamo goes away for work, he is also away because of work. So that's why Taha and you are living with your Mamo and your Bari Ami is here."

"Why Bari Ami is living here? She should live with us too. We miss her so much." Sadaf asked, giving me those black puppy dog eyes while lying beside me on the bed to sleep. Since we met in Sheheryar Bhai's guest house she becomes quite close to me and since then, both of us sleep together. But of course, Taha is with Apiya. That kid won't leave her alone.