Chapter Two

CH.2

Happy Birthday to me, I guess. Happy doesn't seem like the right word. Nothing was happy. Out of all of my emotions. Not a single one was happy.

The mirror in Paddy's room showed a girl with fiery red hair, bright green eyes, and a faint lightning scar. But she didn't look like me. It did, but I didn't feel it. She had no bags under her eyes, her hair was still soft and flowy. Her skin pale and freckled.

She still looked pretty.

I didn't feel like that. I shouldn't look like that. I should look how I feel.

"Happy Birthday Sirina Rose." I mumble. So does the girl in the mirror. I sigh, turning away and going downstairs. "Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday, dear Rosie..."

The stairs seemed louder and squeakier than ever before. I didn't mind. It added to the silence of the empty house.

I found myself curled on the couchonce again. Trying to produce my patronus. Blocking out the entire world besides myself and my wand. Barely getting a mist. I fought with it for a while. Trying to think of a happy memory.

Human contact.

I thought of the first time I met another human. The man I ran into my first time out of the house. I didn't know anything about him, only how alive I felt, having spoken to a person.

A lively Doe kept out of my patronus. I watched her prance around. She stayed for a while. Before leaving the room. I stood to follow her before hearing a yelp.

"Who's here?!" I call out, gripping my wand. I go in the direction that my doe went. "I said, who's here?!"

A man stood in front of me. Eyes wide.

"Why are you here? Who are you? And how did you find me?" I squeak, holding my wand ahead of me.

He just stayed with the blank look on his face. Staring at me.

I prodded my wand toward him, emitting sparks.

"I'm... I'm..."

"Spit it out!" I squeak. Scared.

His eyes traveled to my forehead, which I quickly covered with hair. Giving him a stern look.

"I'll explain later?" He steps forward.

"Stay back." I warn.

But before I could object, he grabbed my wrist and suddenly I felt the floor disappear from underneath me. I let out a scream. Unsure of what to do. My wrist felt glued to the mans hand.

We landed and I quickly moved away. "PETRIFICUS TOTAL--"

"Protego!" He responds readily, blocking my spell.

"Where am I?" I squeak, backing up. "Who are you?!"

"Sirius, is that yo-" The door opened and I heard footsteps behind me. I must be standing in front of a door.

I didn't know what to do. Turn my back on this man who just kidnapped me. Or risk keeping my back to a possibly dangerous other man.

"Please stop." I whimper. "Just take me back. Or let me leave, I'll... Figure it out."

"We won't hurt you.." The man behind me said. "I promise."

I shake my head. Not knowing what to do.

"How did you find her?" The unseen man demands.

"I found the address." The long haired man in front of me states. "Why? Why did you keep this from me?!"