Chapter Sixteen

CH.16

"Sorry I'm late..." I mumble, running into the Room of Requirement well after Harry had given his lesson, "What's going on?" I stop, slightly out of breath, beside Ginny.

"Oh, we were just about to--"

"Rose!" Harry spots me, and quickly comes over. "We were just going over Patronus's" He explains, ducking as a rabbit bounds close to his head. "You just concentrate on a ha--"

"I got it." I stop him, "Go help others, I can handle it."

He raises his eyebrows, as does Ginny.

I roll my eyes. Focusing on my happy memory of receiving a birthday gift when I was eleven. One of my only happy memories. "Expecto Patronum!" My doe prances out of the tip of my wand, dancing around the room gracefully.

"Oh, err...yea, good." Harry nods, then moves along. I roll my eyes, watching the doe circle the room for a while before disappearing into a white mist.

Ginny makes a whining sound. "I don't think I can do it..." She says quietly to me.

"Of course you can!" I assure her, "Just think of the happiest thing you can, and focus."

She closes her eyes. "Okay, I have my memory."

"Now focus." I tell her, "Focus is--"

"Key, yea I got that part." She sighs, waits a moment, then tries producing her patronus. "Expecto Patronum!" A wispy white comes out of her wand.

"Just keep trying!" I encourage.

After a few failed attempts, Ginny manages a magnificent Horse shaped patronus. It gallops around the room, gaining everyone's attention. She turns to me, smiling ecstatically.

"Yes! That was it!" I squeal, hugging her.

Not wanting to practice anymore, I'd already perfected my patronus, I leaned against the wall watching. I found myself captivated by a dog shaped patronus chasing a very wispy otter, for only a short time before the otter faded away. Ginny's horse was prancing around the room. A rabbit was bouncing all over.

"Done?" I turn to see Harry standing beside me.

I nod. "Not feeling it today." I state.

"Why don't you give it one more go.." He suggests. "I will to, okay? On the count of three..." I ready my wand, waiting. "Three...two...one."

"Expecto patronum!" We say in unison. A doe and a stag prance out at the same time, and do a few laps around the room. Our parents were a doe and a stag. I find myself laughing, as is he. "Well, err, if you want to go help others..."

"Yea, sure." I nod, then walk over to Fred and George, who I wasn't actually planning on helping.

"Hello Rosie," Fred raises an eyebrow, turning to see me standing behind the pair of them. It was then I remembered what they had done.

I make a face, then make it a point to turn and walk away with purpose. They now refused to talk to me about whatever Tonks' had to say. And until they revealed it, I would not be speaking with them. Though it killed me.

"Rose!" Ginny waved me over to where she was with Hermione. I quickly made my way over, glad for distraction. "Hermione needs help."

"And I'm not asking Harry, no way." Hermione shakes her head.

"Do you have a happy thought?" I ask, "It has to be extremely good one, like the best memory you've got."

"I...I think so..."