Chapter Thirty-Three

CH.33

"Where are we going?" Fred laughed, jogging a bit to keep up.

"Somewhere quiet so I can finish this essay." I state, not looking at him.

We were going to the whomping Willow. He would never allow me to go out alone, but I needed to.

I laid out a blanket, then dropped my bag and books onto it before taking a seat. Fred sat on the other side, and took out his work. I pretended to work a little to ease him.

I narrowed my eyes at the swaying tree about 6 yards away from us. The knob at the bottom. Figure out a way to hit it, surely you can't have a rodent do it for you. I don't think any kind of spell could work.  Maybe Crookshanks, but how does one train a cat to do that?

Sighing in defeat I turn to Fred to distract myself. "What're you working on?"

"Nonverbal..." He sighs. "Yourself?"

"Uh... The er... I have no idea." I laugh. "I'm zoned out entirely."

"I feel you." He nods. Then takes the book from my hands, flipping it. Apparently it was upside down.

"So, try something." I smile. "Turn me into a tea cup."

He laughs, raising his eyebrows. "I can't even do that verbally, love."

He sighed and moved his wand around, his lips twitching but not moving. A stick in front of him rose to a hover. He was so excited.  The stick started to quiver, showing it would fall soon. I lifted my wand to keep it afloat, letting Fred think he was doing it.

It clicked.

I could charm a stick to hit the knob. It was so simple I hadn't thought of it.

I have to try it soon. That would be my entrance to the Shrieking Shack, for the Order meetings.  I would also start making and bringing wolfsbane potions for Remus. Apparently Snape knows, so I don't have to sneak around to do it.

"What time is it?" I ask, finally allowing the stick to drop.

"Almost six." He states. "And thanks for making me think I was actually doing something." He raised an eyebrow at me. "I put my wand down about 35 second ago. Are you okay? You're just...dazed."

"Yea I'm fine." I nod, standing. "I have a meeting with Snape at seven, let's head back. I'm hungry."

"For what?"

I think for a moment, whether it's worth lying or not. "A thing for Remus... Uh, for the order?"

"So Snape knows now?"

"No. He thinks Remus just asked a favor of me, without me truly knowing..." I fold up the blanket and toss it into my bag. The stop turning to face him. "Wolfsbane."

"Ohh, so you're asking Snape to make some for Lupin?" He laughs, "why didn't you just say that?"

"I'm not really sure what I can and can't say anymore..." I sigh. "Actually I'm making it, though I'm sure Snape is more than capable." I shrug. "Whatever, let's just go. I'm starving."

He obliges my requests and follows me back to the castle. There were some snacks laid out in the great hall. I grabbed some fruit and ate it quickly.

"Do you need to go back up to the tower?" Fred asks, his mouth full of food.

"Yea." I nod. "You know, you don't have to come... I'm capable of taking care of myself."

"Yea, that would blow over well with Ginny." He rolls his eyes. "She's kind of scary, you know..."  He swallows down his food hard. Then stands. "Okay, let's go."