Chapter Thirty-Six

CH.36

"Remus, tell me the truth!"  I squeak, hitting my hands on the table.

"Sirina, I just don't see how it makes any difference."   He shakes his head, putting a calming hand on my knee- which I brush off.   "It wouldn't change anything, it wouldn't change how things are now."

"I want to know."

He sighs deeply, closing his eyes.   "Yes."

"And you think it's fair to him to keep him in the dark?!"   I burst.   "You should have seen how happy he was!"

"Little one, we don't know if we can trust him... and that's a big thing to trust him with."

"Yeah."  I slump down in my chair, defeated.

"And don't you love Sirius?"   He leans closer to me.

"Don't do that."  I snap.   "Of course I do."

"Then why would you want to risk him not being your godfather anymore?"

"I don't."   I sigh, "but I just don't think it's fair that he's been living with that what-if torture all these years."

"I agree, but--"   Emiliani hoots, signalling someone else was coming in.   She did the same thing when Remus got here.   She wouldn't leave my arm when I left, so I was left with no choice but to bring her.

"Emi?  Hey girl... I was wondering where you were..."   I smile as Charlie comes in and immediately takes time to ruffle Emiliani's feathers.

"Charles."   I say softly, smiling slightly.   He turns and opens his arms, I run into them for a bearhug.   A more friendly one, due to Remus's presence.

"Much better hello than I got..."   Remus grumbles.   I turn to glare at him and he puts his hands up in defeat.   "Sorry, sorry... I get it... you're not my biggest fan at the moment."

"Everything okay?"   Charlie looks down at me worriedly.

I nod, sighing and breathing in his scent.   He laughs lightly,  and hugs me again, this time putting a hand on the back of my head- causing me to flinch away.   "Sorry I just... it's nothing..."

He looks at me skeptically, but before he can ask anything Emi starts hooting and Molly, Arthur, Tonks, and Sirius come in.   Charlie and I quickly separate and Tonks pulls me to her for a hug.   The hug was quick because I wanted to get to Sirius.

I ran to Sirius and jumped into his arms, he picked me up- swinging me around.   "How's my favorite girl?   I've missed you.."

"I've missed you too."   I kiss his cheek, and he sets me down.

"Did anyone pick up refreshments?"   Molly comes toward the group of people.  "No?  Well who's going to run and grab something?"

"I'll go!"  I squeak, excited to get somewhere other than school and the shack.

"Well, alright..."  Remus sighs, "should I go with her?"

"No, no..."   Arthur shakes his head, "I've got to talk to you before we start... but someone does have to go with her, she can't apparate or perform magic on her own out there..."

I raise my eyebrows looking around a little. I notice Arthur looking between Tonks and Charlie, clearly debating which to send with me.

"I don't necessarily, well..." Sirius starts, then pauses- sighing, as if not wanting to come out and say what it was he was saying, "not to any offence to you, Tonks... but I don't trust her apparating with Sirina."