Chapter Twenty-Seven

Ch.27

"Charlie..." I breath as he finally pulls away. "What--"

"You need to be honest with me," he states firmly. "What do you want?"

I breath deeply, holding my breath, then puffing it all out. A little cloud of dust blew up from the floor. "Charlie, I really do like you. And you make me happy, and I feel safe, and I just want to hug you all the time."

"But?"

"But...?" I tilt my head.

"There's always a but."

"No buts, that's all." I look up into his blue eyes, what else would I say?

"So this wasn't just a one time thing?"

"Of course not Charlie." I shake my head, "why would you think that?"

"I just... I kind of pushed myself on you without actually knowing how you felt..." He mumbles. "And, I mean... You're so close with my brothers I didn't know if--"

"I'm--"

"Let me finish.." He smiles a little. "I didn't know if you only acted that way toward me because you thought you might have to..."

"Why would I have to?" I cinch my eyebrows, looking up to him.

"Oh, uh... I don't know." He rubs the back of his neck, thinking. "Because you don't want to let any of them down by liking someone else... I'm a safe option I guess.."

"They don't even know.." I kiss him quickly, just because, "...that I like you. If I need to keep it a secret, just to prove it to you. I will."

"Maybe, just for now." He nods, looking down into my green eyes, holding my hand. "I eh, don't want to be on Harry's bad side... You know?"

"Yea, I get it.." I nod, "now, come on... Before someone starts looking for us for dinner."

"Right." He laughs, allowing me to pull him from the abandon room. He kisses my forehead before sauntering off to another area. I shake my head going back toward the bedroom area, not really knowing where I wanted to go.

"Rose Evans." A voice says from behind me. An awful voice. "I didn't know you would be here." I turn to see Severus Snape standing by the staircase.

"Yes, professor... I was invited to stay for the end of holiday." I force a smile, "Remus and I were here almost everyday, so I was invited to just remain here with my friends." I was over explaining, oh well.

"Your friends?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, sir." I nod. "Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George." I state.

"Well, how was your holiday, my dear?" His voice was smooth and friendly, unfamiliar to his normal tone.

"It's been pleasant, thank you." I answer easily, "and yours, professor?"

"Oh it's just been--"

"Oi! Rosie!" Harry's voice was heard from down the hall some. "I've been looking for you, come on!"

"Potter." Snape says, his cold tone returning.

"Good evening Professor." Harry forces, standing close to my side.

"It was until you so rudely interrupted my conversation with Miss Evans." He replies emotionlessly.

"I'm sorry professor, but I do have prior engagements to attend to." I tell him politely. "See you at dinner." I smile, then grab Harry's hand and run up to his bedroom.