Chapter Four

CH.4

Everyone was once again talking fast around me. Pretending to keep me involved, though not really. Molly always made sure to distract me, believing I was too young to participate, but agreeing that I was essential to the formula. Whatever that means.

"Hungry dear?" She asks, tugging me to a separate table. "You should eat, down here tonight, before the kids come down."

"Thank you, Molly." I answer quietly, then sit where she instructs and begin eating the delicious food she makes everynight. I feel the cat brush against my leg, and reach down to stroke him. Crookshanks, I was told is his name, he belongs to one of the girls staying here as well.

"Anything?" Sirius asked me, making me jump as he touched my shoulder. He was talking about my over whelming feelings.

"No, still nothing." I sigh. "Nothing has changed in the past five minutes."

The door swung open and an old man I hadn't yet met came into the room. Everyone went silent upon his entrance. "Moody." He stated firmly, with nothing else as a greeting. "It is up to you to obtain a guard for tomorrow night." He states.

Moody, a man with a mechanical eye, cane, and many scars, nodded to the old man. The hobbled away to give the old man more space to walk in.

"Dumbledore," Sirius said as he was approached. "I'm--"

"Where is the girl?" The old man cuts him off.

Remus quietly came to me. "This is Professor Dumbledore." He whispered. "Come meet him." I nodded, and he helped me up, and walked me to Sirius.

"Ah, thank you Remus." Dumbledore smiled at Remus, then looked down at me. "So. You're the little Secret?"

"I, uh...I guess so?" I glance up at Remus for reassurance, subtly stepping closer to Sirius, who puts his hand on my shoulder.

"And you've been experiencing emotions? Yes?" He smiles, now seeming much less intimidating than he was when he first came in. "I do hope you don't mind that Sirius told me.."

"Of course not, sir." I shake my head. "Yes, I've been having...emotions..." It sounded very weird to say outloud. Everyone has emotions. Just not like this.

"Hm, I think I could explain." He says with a smile. "May I?" He looks at Sirius now. "I'd like to speak with her alone, if I may?"

"Sirina?" Sirius looks down at me.

"It's okay.." I nod, forcing a nervous smile to my face.

Dumbledore walked me to another room in the house, a sitting room type of room. Though very dirty, and not very desirable. He shook his head before leading me to the room I apparated to on my first night here.

"Sit with me, Sirina." He instructs. I sit in the chair facing him. Waiting for him to say something. He waits a minute before talking again, "I'm Albus Dumbledore, headmaster at Hogwarts."

"Pleasure to meet you, Sir." I smile slightly.

"Now, to answer the questions you may be having..." He sighs, folding his hands, looking at me from over his halfmoon glasses. "On the night that your parents died," He starts, pausing as if to check for reaction. I had none. I'd been listening to people talk about it since I was let out of my room. "Well, that Dark Wizard tried to murder another, your brother, Harry."

I nod, having heard this before.

"He left a lightning scar on his forehead, identical to yours." He states, motioning to my forehead, though my hair was covering it. "I'm sure you know his spell rebounded, instead hurting himself." He pauses, as of thinking for words. "I believe that Harry's scar not only links himself to the Dark Wizard himself, but to you. You will both grieve, suffer, get excited, cry, any strong emotion one of you may have, will be transferred to the other."