Chapter Seventeen (pt. 2)

CH.17

(Rose/Sirina's POV again)

"Professor..." I say quietly as we walk the corridor, away from Dumbledore's office. "What is it...?"

"Here, in my quarters, Miss Evans..." She opens the door, leading me into her office. She sits on a couch, motioning me to sit across from her in a plushy looking chair. This definitely wasn't her office, more her living area.

As we sat in silence, I looked around the large room. It showed a different side of Minerva McGonagall. She had plenty of quidditch supplies, old and worn out, hanging on walls. Surrounded by old pictures of what appeared to be a past Gryffindor team. A table in the far corner held many frames holding photographs of past Gryffindor teams, the most recent assumed to be last years, from the appearance of Harry and other familiar students, as well as unfamiliar students.

"Miss Evans..." She finally starts, quietly.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I ask, pursing my lips.

"We think Mr. Weasley has been hurt..." She says quietly, "So we've sent his children home, and Harry too...because he's staying with them."

"But...why am I..."

"Dumbledore thought it important that I have you here, rather than in the dorm." She says calmly. "Though, I don't know why...so don't ask."

I nod, looking down. "Will he be okay?" I ask, "Mr. Weasley, I mean.."

"I hope so." She says simply. She stands, crossing the room. "Would you like a biscuit, Evans?"

"Sure, thanks," I smile slightly, turning in my chair to watch her. She comes back with two cups of hot tea, and a tray of biscuits.

I take a cup, sipping slowly at the hot liquid. My movements mirror McGonagall's as we sit in silence.

The light tap on the door calls our attention, we both turn to face it. "Enter," McGonagall calls gently. The door is pushed open and Dumbledore enters, a solemn look on his face.

"Rose," he says slowly, with a glance at McGonagall, "If you'd come with me, please, I'll prepare to have you sent home." He pauses, "Or something of the sort, a guarantee of safety and comfort."

"With Remus, you mean?" I tilt my head. "Or am I to go with the Weasley's? I was invited for the holiday.."

"There has been a change in plans, I'm afraid." He sighs, "due to recent events, it would seem inappropriate to have new friends around."

"So I'll be staying with Remus then?" I finalize.

"Come, Rose," he says softly, holding his hand for me, "we should bother Professor McGonagall no more. Goodnight, Minerva."

"Albus," she calls to stop him, "What should the others be told, when they find that six students have vanished in the night?"

"Leave it to me," He answers with a curt nod, "Now, get some rest. You deserve it." He turns down to smile on me, "Ready? Just side-a-long apparition."

I nod, taking his hand. I feel myself sucked through the familiar tube that is apparation. Dumbledore did all of the work. We landed on a dirt road at the break of dawn.

"Sir?" I say quietly. "Sorry, but...where are we?"

He released my hand and began walking down the road, expecting me to follow without instruction. "Romania, my dear child."

"Sorry?" I question, my short legs moving quickly to match his pace. "Why?"

"Have you ever met a dragon, Sirina?" He continues, ignoring my question.