Chapter Twenty-Three

Ch.23

"Sirina..." Sirius says quietly, looking at me with soft eyes.

"What was that?" Harry asks, tilting his head to the side. "I'm confused."

"Its my name." I answer quietly. "My real name."

"Sirina Evans?" He finalized. "Why don't you use it?" He acts as if this is no big deal. As if my entire body doesn't feel like it's being put through a shredder.

"No..." I close my eyes, looking down. "Sirina....Sirina Potter."

"I'm sorry...what?" He blinks rapidly down at me as I open my eyes to face him.

"Sirina Rose Potter." I say stronger. "Daughter of James and Lily Potter."

"But...no!" Harry shakes his head. "That doesn't make sense."

"Born on July 31st, 1980." I bite my lip, not daring to break eye contact.

"So..." He looks up at Sirius. "No?"

He nods. "You have a twin sister, Harry. And she's sitting right beside you."

"Why didn't you tell me?!" He snaps, anger flooding both him and me.

"I...I thought you were safer. Both of you." Remus answers.

"YOU KNEW TOO?!" Harry snaps, screaming now, turned to face Remus. The anger boiled into me now, unable to be contained.

"DON'T SHOUT AT THEM!" I squeak, standing to face Harry.

"WHY ARE YOU OKAY WITH THIS?!" He shouts, looking down into my eyes. My eyes identical to his.

"BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER!" I screach back. "All they knew were there were these tiny babies! With no parents! And didn't know what to do!"

"Why didn't you stay with me?! Why didn't Sirius-" he glances venomously at him, "-give you to Hagrid with me?!"

"He thought I was dead!" I squeak, my voice beginning to fail me. "I was found in the remains of the house. Not crying not fussing."

"Waiting patiently for someone to care for her..." Remus says quietly. "Like she always has...oh Little One, I'm so sorry!"

"NOT NOW." Harry snaps at Remus.

"HARRY STOP." I answer with as much force.

"Believe me, if...if I'd known you were alive when we got Harry out...Sirina would have never left your side." Sirius switches his gaze between Harry and myself. Harry opened his mouth, which I felt was to, no doubt, shout again. But the emotions flooding into me told me otherwise.

"Harry..." I whisper, tears threatening to soak my face.

"Sirina.." He whispers back, turning toward me, searching my eyes for a moment before engulfing my into a hug. My entire body broke down as I hugged him back. Both of us sobbing uncontrollably.

"I've wanted a real, loving, family my entire life..." Harry whispers into my hair. "I had one. I just didn't know."

"Trust me, I know the feeling." I laugh through a choked sob, still savoring the moment with my brother.

"I'm never going to leave you now, Sirina." Harry whispers. "Ever."

"You don't have to." I nod, my face against his chest listening to his heart beat. It matched mine almost perfectly.

Sirius cleared his throat, making us both turn to him. "I'm not going any further tonight..." Sirius says calmly, as if afraid to ignite Harry again. "But tomorrow, we need to talk. Alright?"