Chapter Twenty-One

CH.21

"Rose!" A voice called my attention as I was making my way back to the kitchen with Ginny. The sun had finally come up, but we were still dressed in pajamas. As was Harry, who was jogging down the hall towards us. "I didn't know you were coming so early!"

"We left around 6." I tell him with a smile.

"Oh, so Charlie is here, too?"

"Of course he is." Ginny interjects with a laugh. "How was she supposed to get here, from Romania, with out him?"

"Oh..err, right." He nods.

"Come on, let's just go eat. I'm starved." I laugh, walking down the familiar stairs into the kitchen. Nobody else had come yet, nor were any more kids awake besides us three.

We take our seats at the table, Harry and Ginny on either side of me. Molly piled each of our plates with breakfast foods, real ones. Unlike the toast with jam I've eaten every morning with Charlie. Sirius and Remus sat across from us, obviously feeling awkward about what exactly to say.

"So...Rose...how do you like Hogwarts?" Sirius asks finally. "Is it living up to your expectations?"

"It is." I smile, glancing at Ginny, then Harry, before turning back to Sirius. "For the most part."

"Yea, Umbridge is awful." Harry adds in, frowning deeply.

Remus was staring blankly ahead, I would assume he was looking at me, but he wasn't making any attempt to avert his gaze when I looked at him. There was such an awful tension in the room, since we couldn't talk freely without giving something away.

"Did you tell Remus about Daisy?" Ginny asks, trying to sooth the tension.

"Daisy?" Remus raises his eyebrows, his eyes finally locking with mine.

"My baby dragon!" I squeak excitedly. "She was abandoned by her mother, but she likes me." He opens his mouth as if to challenge my statement, but I cut him off. "She's staying in Romania, of course."

Sirius cracks a smile. "Only you would think to adopt a dragon.." He shakes his head.

"You can't tame a dragon.." Harry states, looking over at me. "They're wild creatures."

"I never said I would." I state. "I simply adopted her, if I can't handle it I won't see her anymore."

"You'll get hurt." He says, his eyes wider now.

"Charlie is with me the whole time!" I defend. "Nothing will happen."

"But what happens when--"

"Harry. Rose." Sirius states sternly. "Enough."

We both turn to look at him with wide eyes, mumbling apologies under our breath. We both slump in our chairs, staring down at our plates.

"I still thought you'd be smart enough to not play with dragons." Harry says quietly.

"And I thought you would find it at least slightly exciting." I whisper back, quiet enough that Sirius won't hear. "Or are you just jealous?"

"I've had my fill of dragons for a lifetime." He whispers.

"I'm offended, honestly." I turn my head toward him slightly. "You really think I'm stupid enough to get hurt? Now you don't get to meet her."

Out of the corner of my eye I see a small smile climb onto Harry's face. "Okay..maybe it's a little cool." I smirk up at him, "I told ya s--"

"Are you two quite done?!" Sirius snaps. "I'm not going to spend this entire Holiday listening to you two bicker like children."

Ginny laughs, covering her mouth to keep juice from spewing out. Harry and I quickly lose our smiles, apologizing to Sirius once again. Sirius looks at us expectantly.