Chapter Fifteen

CH.15

"Oi!" Ron whispered close to me, "Does this look right?"

I glanced over his cauldron with a sigh. "No." I answered simply, passing him my cauldron as I took his in an attempt to fix it.

Hermione shook her head, her lips pursed. "Honestly Ronald." She hissed.

"It's fine, Hermione." I assured her, "Look, I already fixed his." His potion went from murky brown to a bubbling pink.

It wasn't the sparkling purple mine was originally, but it was decent.

Snape was circling the room checking potions, which is the main reason I allowed Ron to take mine. His was pitiful.

"Mr. Weasley." He paused, looking into his cauldron, "I'm forced to question whether this is truly your work."

"Of course it is, Professor." Ron answered, swallowing hard.

I discreatly tapped the cauldron in front of me with my wand, making it go bright sparkling purple. The way it should be. Snape switched to mine next.

"I suspect you had a hand in Mr. Weasley's potion?" He raises an eyebrow.

"No, sir." I answer quickly. "I just finished mine myself. Does it look suitable, Sir?"

"Practically flawless." He answers through gritted teeth. "As is Mr. Weasley's." He pauses, looking over Harry's, who seemed completely out of it. "What's the meaning of this, Potter?!"

Harry snapped his attention up.

"Notice how Weasley and Evans both have purple potions, and Miss Grangers is a lovely shade of pink." He narrows his eyes. "What color is yours, Potter?

"Orange." He answers, a slight blush to his cheeks. I hear a snicker from across the room, and shoot a deadly glare towards Malfoy.

"5 points from Gryffindor, Potter." Snape smirks, walking away proudly.

Halloween was tomorrow, meaning we could get out and go to Hogsmeade. Remus promised me he would try to come, and if not, Tonks might drop by for a visit. And I was getting more excited each day.

Ginny grabbed me before going to get dinner, "Hey Rose! Going to Hogsmeade tomorrow?"

"Of course." I nod with a smile.

"Want to hang out a bit?" She asks, sitting at the table, gesturing for me to sit beside her.

"Hm, maybe.." I pause, realizing there's no need to lie. "Remus and Tonks promised to stop by for a visit..."

"Aren't you going to Harry's meeting, though?" She raises her eyebrows.

"What?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Didn't Hermione invite you?" She gasps. "Perhaps she just assumed you knew.."

"Hermione," I grab her arm as she walks by, "What's Ginny talking about? What's going on tomorrow?"

"Oh.." She makes a face, glancing around. "I'll explain later, promise. Just don't make any plans, alright?"

I nod, turning back to Ginny. "I guess I should owl Remus..."

"Rose!" Hermione squeaks, leaning across the table to see me. "Don't tell anyone, hm?"

I nod my understanding, and she turns away to talk with Ron.

"I'll tell him I made plans with you, then.." I shrug.

"Good idea." She nods.

We eat our food quietly, the other girls not having arrived yet. As we're walking back to the common room, a boy jogs to us. "Oi! Ginny!"