Chapter Eight

Ch. 8

"Do you want to come downstairs later?" Sirius says on his way out of my room. "No meeting...officially...but Tonks, Remus, and Moody should be by." He sounded nervous, but he always was nowadays. He was very openly afraid of allowing Harry and myself go to Hogwarts, worried about something happening. I believe, that deep down, he was hoping I wouldn't be cleared by the ministry, and that Harry had been expelled due to the patronus incident.

I nod. "Yea, that'd be nice." I haven't been out of this room for a few days. There was always something going on in the meetings that I shouldn't be there for.

"Okay, I'll come up for you a bit before dinner." He promises, then leaves the room. I change into my shorts and Potter jersey, then sit on my bed studying one of the fifth year books.

I had the urge to practice the spells, but I knew I couldn't. It would now be against the law. Well, it always was. But now they'd know about it.

Bored, I broke out the new quill I got with Tonks and began writing my name into all of my books. Property of Rose Evans. It was strange writing my name, that wasn't my name. And even stranger to think that this is the only name anyone at school would know.

Snap. "Whatchya doing?"

I look up to see my favorite pair of gingers looking down at my books. Fred takes one, looking over it. "Rose Evans?" He asks. "I thought it was Black."

"Yea, we screwed up the interview." I shrug. "Now I'm an Evans."

"Oh, alright." He nods, setting my book back down.

"Oh, you have to take your OWLs your first year!" George gasps. "That's tough."

"I'll be fine." I shrug it off, knowing I've been doing fifth year magic since I was eight. I look up at Fred, "Has anyone..?"

"No." He shakes his head. "They must have already assumed it was Ginny."

"Good." I nod. Halfway disappointed. If someone had seen us, I might get in trouble. But then people would know. and maybe I wouldn't have to hide.

"I was honestly hoping someone did see," Fred states quietly, earning a whack from George. "No, really. Then it wouldn't be a secret anymore."

George looks away from Fred to me. As if trying to ask how to react. I nod with a quiet. "I know the feeling." Directed at Fred. "You know, I haven't been out of my room since." I state.

"Really?" George raises his eye brows for a moment.

"Something I shouldn't know in the meetings." I roll my eyes. "I don't know why they bother not bringing me. I never pay attention anyway."

"We would all kill to be in the Order." George states. "And here you are, sitting in there eating cookies like nothings going on."

"It's boring stuff, honestly." I laugh. "All about Harry. Who's taking him where and when. Who's working for Volde–Sorry, You-Know-Who."

"We'd love to know all of that." Fred states.

I shake my head, giving up. "Well, there's no technical meeting tonight."

"Mum said there was.." George states.

"No. Not really." I shake my head. "Sirius is coming to get me, and just the normals are coming for dinner."

"Normals?" They ask in unison.

"People who don't scare me so much...Hey! I'm a shy person." I pout at them laughing.