Chapter Twenty-Nine

CB.29

"What does Dumbledore want to talk to you about?" Harry asks, grabbing my arm before I can leave the common room.

"Obviously I don't know, since I haven't spoken to him yet." I sigh, trying to pull my arm away.

"You'll tell me after, right?" He widens his eyes.

"I don't know Harry, maybe." I pull my arm out of his grip. "Can I go now?" I leave without waiting for his response. The way to Dumbledore's office was familiar, but I just realized I didn't know the password.

I pace outside of the office, trying to think. "What are you doing Miss Evans?" McGonagal come up beside me. "Haven't you got somewhere to be?"

"Er, yes professor... But..." I pause, looking up at the gargoyle guarding the door. "I don't know the password."

"Oh, were you summoned by the headmaster as well?" She sighs, then continues. "Very well then." She murmurs the password then motions for me to go up the stairs. I thank her, then hurry ahead. Dumbledore called for us to enter as soon as we reached the top. I went in first, McGonagall following close behind.

"Good morning, Professor." I greet politely, sitting in the chair in front of his desk as motioned to. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" I was normally a bit more casual toward Dumbledore, but I have to play it safe around McGonagall. Though I'm not sure to what extent.

"Albus, I thought you said we were discussing a personal matter?" McGonagall sighs, sitting beside me in an identical chair.

"Oh, we are Minerva. Don't rush it." He smiles at her soothingly. "Now tell me, child, has this year been going as planned, per say?"

I glance at McGonagall before answering. "To an extent." I tell him, "I'm so glad I decided to come to school this year. Is something wrong?"

"Please, speak freely here." Dumbledore assures me, "how are things going between you and Harry?"

"Um, pretty well?" I shrug, "I mean..." I trail off, not sure what to say.

"Well, I called you both in here to discuss a very important matter," he holds up a hand as McGonagall opens her mouth, "I'm sure we all know what's coming. Dolores is going to be trying to find any reason to have me removed from my position. Arrested maybe."

"But Sir..."

"Sh, child... Not now..." He smiles at me gently. "With my absence approaching, I think it would be safe to fill in another with your true self, don't you think?"

"But–"

"Albus, what is the meaning of this?" McGonagall snaps, her patience obviously running dry.

"Sirina, would you care to properly introduce yourself to your Professor?" He raises an amused eyebrow. He was enjoying this far too much.

"My name is Sirina. Sirina Rose Potter. Born to Lily and James Potter on July 31st 1980." I say quietly, looking down at my hands, twisting my ring around my fingers. "Goddaughter of Sirius Black, legal responsibility of Remus Lupin... Proud member of the Order of The Phoenix."

"But... Well... If I... Does Harry know?"

"Yes ma'am." I nod.

"Who else knows?" She asks, her voice light and airy.

"Order members, the Weasley's, Hermione, and Harry.." I tell her, glancing at Dumbledore who nods his confirmation.

"Severus knows then, I assume?" She asks, turning away from me to Dumbledore.