Chapter Nine

Ch.9

"Sirina." Remus says, coming into my room just after Sirius and myself had gotten in. But he was looking at Sirius, leading me to believe he wasn't actually talking to me.

"Remus..." I answer softly anyway, avoiding eye contact.

"Why did George call you Sirina? How did he know that?" He sounded genuinely confused, he looked at Sirius for a moment, then to me. "They couldn't have known she was up here, right?"

"Fred..." I mumble. Both Sirius and Remus look at me, cutting into my soul with their eyes. "Fred called me Sirina."

They both stare at me blankly. Trying to process my words.

I groan, laying back on my bed. Wishing they would just yell at me or something.

"Sirina, you know them?" Sirius asks, looking down at me. I close my eyes tightly, then nod.

"SIRINA." Remus starts, his voice stern. I could hear him pacing my room. "How? Why?"

"They come in here sometimes..." I answer quietly, my eyes still closed. "It was an accident. They were exploring the house..."

"That is so dangerous. What if someone found out they were disappearing somewhere? Or if somebody followed them up here?" He asks, still sounding angry.

"I'm sorry, it was a mistake I-"

"We could use that to an advantage." Sirius says cutting me off. I now open my eyes to look at him, trying to figure out what he was talking about. "It would give an excuse to have her here for Holidays. If she doesn't make friends with any of the others on her own, we have a backup."

Remus closes his eyes sighing. "But she doesn't understand the danger behind it."

"I'm sorry..." I squeak. "But no, I don't. Why is it dangerous for my brother to know me? Or anyone else, for that matter."

"Because, if anyone-"

"Death eaters" Sirus adds.

"-find out about you, you could be in danger. As much as, if not more than, Harry. And we don't want that." He sighs, sitting on the edge of my bed. "This is all for your safety."

"Yea! I know." I huff. "My safety! Always. But isn't that the point of everyone here?! These are the good guys. Right? The best of the good guys."

Remus stared at me with a blank expression, but from the corner of my eye I could see a small smirk forming on Sirius's face. "She's not wrong mate.." He says carefully. "Nobody here would expose her, if we asked them not to."

Remus stands in defeat. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"Of course you don't." Sirius says sharply. "If it were up to you, she'd still be locked up in that house. Grieving over the House Elf who was forced to raise her."

"You have my opinion." Remus states softly. "Do what you will." And with that, he turned, leaving Sirius and I alone. No hugs or kisses as usual.

We sat staring at the place Remus stood in silence for a few minutes. "You know I want you to be happy..." Sirius says quietly. "And I want you to be able to be free in this house." I stay quiet, but turn to face him. "Most of all, I want you to have a normal relationship with Harry."

"I know.." I say quietly, looking at my hands in my lap.

"But this is not the time..." He sighs. "You will go to school as Rose Evans, and take your classes as if you're just Rose Evans."

I nod, playing with my fingers. "What about Harry? He's in my classes."

"Well," He takes a deep breath. "You can be friends, form a bond. But I'd like you to stay undercover for as long as possible, until myself or Remus give you the okay."

"I can do that." I promise, allowing him to take my hand in his.

"It's going to be hard to tell him, and I want you to be prepared." He explains. "He grew up believing he had nothing. No stories of his parents, believing he was a muggle. In an awful house." I tilt my head, not knowing where he was going with this. "You grew up knowing everything there is to know. And he might resent you for it in a way, but he's your brother, and you can't give up on him."

"Can I just worry about that when it comes time to tell him?" I ask in a whisper, not wanting to think of him hating me.

"Sure, just...think about it, okay?" He kisses my forehead, then stands from my bed. "I'll see you in the morning." He turns and leaves my room. Leaving me with my thoughts.

So did that mean I could stay friends with Fred and George? Or not? I lay back on my pillow and instantly fall to sleep.

I wake to a movement on my bed, and open my eyes to see Sirius sitting at my feet. I watch him for a moment before he notices I'm awake. "Morning, beautiful." He smiles.

"Good morning.." I yawn, sitting up. "What are you doing in here?"

"Just wanted to warn you before it happens, Remus is going to be up here to talk to you soon." He informs me, then slides my tray of breakfast towards me.

"Thanks," I sigh, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. It was way too early to deal with this. "About what?"

"About last night." He states, frowning slightly. "And about the school year."

"Okay.." I nod, setting the tray aside. Not hungry for anything yet.

He nods, then stands. "I'll let you eat, or go back to sleep now..." He says, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "See you later."

I lay back down, falling to sleep quickly. When I woke again, it was due to Remus coming into my room. He sat in a chair beside my bed, allowing me to take my time with waking properly and sitting up.

"Morning Remus..." I yawn, rubbing my eyes then looking at him. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Can't I come up just to greet you?" He smiles slightly. But I guess the look on my face told him I wasn't in the mood for this. "We need to talk about what happens when you go to Hogwarts."

I nod. "Mhm, what about it?"

"You will keep in touch with me and Sirius as often as possible." He states. "And, you know Sirius was in Azkaban...do you know he's still supposed to be?"

I nod. Of course I knew. I've sat through meeting after meeting.

"Well, you can write to me with no issues of course. And anything for Sirius should also come to me, just to be safe." He sighs. "And you have to be extremely careful with what you put into writing. Owls are being intercepted more than ever now."

"How will you know its for Sirius, if I can't say its for Sirius?" I ask, still barely awake.

"Snuffles." He says with a small smile. "That's the name Harry, and the others, use."

"And I can talk to you, as you?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yes. I'm listed as your guardian, it would be crazy to assume you wouldn't be in contact." He laughs lightly.

"Anything else I should know?" I ask with a smile.

"Try to be publicly friends with the Twins. So that nobody will question why you're coming home with them." He states. "Especially if you don't form any friendship with the others."

"I hope that's not a problem.." I sigh.

"I know, love." He half smiles. "Just don't worry about it, yea?"

I nod with a slight smile.

"Well, I've got to go downstairs.." He kisses my forehead. "I'll see you later."