Chapter Twenty-Four

Ch.24

"If you lot are finished," Molly calls, coming into the front room where we were recently busily exchanging gifts. "Come to the kitchen for dinner. Hm?"

I was the first to stand, the others quickly following suit. The kitchen was made up wonderfully with food and desserts. My seat was between Ginny and Harry, per usual.

Arthur said a small toast of sorts, mainly giving thanks, and acknowledging Harry's role in his safety. It was a sweet gesture. As soon as we were given the okay, everyone began piling food onto their plates and eating.

Around the table sat Arthur, Molly, Fred, George, Sirius, Charlie, Remus, Ron, Hermione, Harry, myself, then Ginny, Tonks and Bill.

"Sirina," someone said, making my stomach temporarily drop before realizing everyone knew now. I look up to Sirius, straight across from me. "You're..." He pauses, glancing somewhere else along the table, then back to me, "you still have to go with Charlie...you can't stay here for the rest of the holiday."

"But...why?" Harry asks, leaning forward.

"A safety precaution." Remus sighs.

"Safety?!" Harry snaps, anger flooding through me, "Why wouldn't she be safe here?!"

The anger was getting stronger. I placed my hand on Harry's leg. "Stop..." I plead to him. "Just, trust that there's a reason...okay?"

He calms down slightly, but is obviously still heated. "You're okay with this?"

"Yea, of course I am." I nod. "I like it in Romania..." I smile at Charlie for a second, "Charlie won't let anything happen to me, I promise, Harry."

"Asholuely." Charlie quickly agrees, his words muffled through the food in his mouth. He swallows hard. "Besides, you need to come visit Daisy."

I try not to laugh as I see his smirk directed at Harry. He still wasn't comfortable with the idea of me cuddling a dragon. And I'm sure it didn't get better after finding out I was literally the only family he has left.

"Harry, I'll be fine." I squeeze his hand. "And it's almost time to go back, anyway. We'll be at Hogwarts together soon."

"Where you will act no differently than you did before Holiday." Remus warns, giving us a sharp look.

"Right." Harry says, then looks down at me. "My friend Rosie."

I laugh lightly, and reach up to kiss his cheek. "Yes." I say quietly.

Harry gave me a small smile before turning back to Sirius. "How long until it's not a secret anymore?"

"I wish it wasn't...I, well..." He sighs, looking at Remus. Remus looks up with a frown, "Until you-know-who is no longer a threat."

"So until he's gone?" Harry snaps. His hand gripping mine harder.

"Kids, why don't you go up to bed, hm?" Molly shoos the other kids out of the kitchen and upstairs. Charlie left to pack his things.

"Harry, we're working toward this being sooner rather than later." Tonks said gently. "We all want this to be sorted out."

"Well we need to try harder!" Harry yells, standing, his voice startling even me.

"Right, well...I should probably be going." Tonks frowns, standing up.

"Please don't..." I say quietly, looking up at her.

"Don't bother, Sirina." Harry says harshly.

"Don't bother?!" I glare into his eyes. "She's trying to help Harry! Everyone is! And you're just complicating things!"