Chapter Thirty

CH.30

"Are you going to tell me where you were all Sunday morning and afternoon yet?" Harry asked, grabbing my wrist as we walked to class. "I checked the library and common room so don't lie."

He'd been asking me repeatedly all week. It was now Thursday, and he still wasn't over it. I've been dealing with it all day.

"Why does it matter, Harry?" I sigh, pulling my arm away.

"Because I was worried! Fred and George hadn't heard from you all day either..." He stated, frowning.

"I was with Lee." I answer honestly, adjusting my skirt. "Satisfied?"

"Where with Lee? I told you, I looked..."

"We went to Hogsmeade." I said, keeping my gaze forward.

"Why didn't you just tell me that?" He sighed, running a hand though his hair. "And why did you go to Hogsmeade?"

"Because you didn't need to know." I purse my lips and go into the classroom, Transfiguration.  Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't question how we went to Hogsmeade. I smiled at McGonagall as I walked away from Harry with purpose. He's been very clingy ever since we came back to Hogwarts. I sat beside Hermione, three seats away from Harry.

Hermione smiled at me as I sat, "Morning Rose," she said happily.

I mirrored her smile, "Morning Mione."

McGonagall didn't have a lesson for that day, instead she spoke with us about choosing a career path. We would each have a personal meeting with her to talk about our future. I still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I spent so long believing I wouldn't even have one.

Hermione was babbling off into my ear about what she was going to do, and all of the questions she would be asking during her meeting. I was completely ignoring her, though. I'm sure Harry would want to be an auror, and he'd be good at it too. Me? I have no idea.

I had let McGonagall know a few days ago that my owl had been bugged, I figured I should tell someone. Someone trustworthy. She was easier to talk to than Dumbledore, if I spoke with him Umbridge would be all over it. Assuming I was plotting something.

Class ended as quickly as it began. Probably seemed quicker because I was over thinking everything. We all stood up to leave, and I was prepared to walk alone to the dungeons for Potions. Not that I didn't love the others, and enjoy their company... I just wasn't in the mood.

"Everything okay between you and Potter?" A voice said as I was shoving my things into my bag. I didn't bother to look up, it wasn't worth my energy.

"Just fine." I answer.

"You're sure?" The boy said again, "you seemed to have a disagreement before class, if I'm not wrong? And you weren't as friendly as normal... Bad breakup?"

"He is not, was not, and never will be my boyfriend." I snap, feeling slightly sick to my stomach. I look up finding myself faced with Draco Malfoy. He and Harry don't get along well, or at all really. But I've never had any sort of interaction with him, really. "Now, why does it matter to you anyway?"

"Oh, it doesn't." He laughed, leaning against the table. "You just seemed...upset."

"I'm fine, Malfoy." I mumble, and sling my bag over my back. "Have a nice day Professor!" I sing toward McGonagall, then saunter out of the nearly empty classroom.

"Wait, I'll walk with you," Malfoy was again by my side, only this time outside of the classroom.

"Please don't bother." I roll my eyes, not looking in his direction.