No Way, Not Ever

Drew's POV

As I helped May up only a few moments ago, our eyes locked. I think I blushed. But why? I can't like her... Can I?

"Uhh... Drew? Earth to Drew!" May tried to snap me out of my thoughts.

"What?! Oh, right. Sorry, let's go..." I led her out of the cave, still blushing and holding her hand.

Why am I still holding her hand?! What is wrong with me?!

"Drew are you ok?" She asked me, I was hoping she wasn't referring to my blush.

"Yeah, I'm fine." No, I'm not fine!

"Okay then... Wow, it's beautiful out here!" May said.

"Y-yea, it is... Almost as-AHEM" I stopped myself. "What was I about to say?! W-was I gonna call her b-beautiful? WHAT?!"

"Uhh... Are you sure you're ok, Drew?" She blushed, probably wondering what I was about to say.

"I-I.. U-uh...." I couldn't even find the words to speak, and what I could get out were stutters. There were three words on the tip of my tongue but I didn't know what they were, or why they were there, but I couldn't say them either. All I knew was that I was mentally paralyzed and couldn't do anything but blush. 

"Drew?! HELLO?" May tried to snap me out of it.

"I-I'm sorry... Yeah, it is beautiful out here. I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me, today." Even I was confused. I didn't even know if I was still blushing or not.

"I think you need some sleep, Drew. Do you wanna go back inside?" May asked me a bit concerned.

"No it's ok, I'm fine! Really, I promise. It's nothing." I said.

"It? So there is something wrong..? Drew I really think you need to sleep..." May suggested.

"D-did I say it? I didn't mean to. I'm fine May, really I am." I smiled, trying to use my charm to cover it up.

"...Okay Drew..." I don't think she really believed me...

I sat close to her, near the edge. I accidentally touched her hand. We both blushed, though neither of us moved our hands.

I blushed even brighter when I started to think. "What am I doing? I don't understand why I keep doing things like this... Do I really like May? I-... I think I do. But how? When and why did it happen? I thought she was my rival, I can't be in love with my rival! Wait... You're not in love, Drew! What are you thinking?! There's no way I'm in love with her!"

I thought about how many times I had given her a rose and what her reactions were. She looked pretty cute when she blushed. I thought about the time that she told me she had been thinking about me... And when she said they were good thoughts. I found myself thinking about her... A lot...

"Although... She is kind of sweet, and cute... And... SNAP OUT IF IT, DREW!"  I shook my head, snapping myself out of my thoughts.

The sun went all the way down. I had been thinking for a lot longer than I thought. May was asleep on my shoulder, I had no reaction. I was already blushing as much as I possibly could. I had no choice, I had to wake her up.

"May, come on, we need to go to sleep."

"Huh? Drew..? I just had the weirdest dream... We were stranded on an island and...... WAAA-HAAAHAAA!" She fake cried. Actually... It might have been real... O.o

I just laughed. "Come on May, maybe you'll have better dreams in the cave..."

I couldn't help but laugh again, it was funny, the look on her face when she saw me. It was like she knew what she dreamed really happened, but didn't want to accept it, haha!

"What's so funny?" She asked me.

"Oh, nothing..." I laughed again. May just gave me a weird look and rolled her eyes.