A Crushed Crush

"Ahahaha! Prepare for trouble, sorry to interrupt," Jessie started.

"Make it double, we're not here to corrupt," James continued.

"To watch the way of strong affection,"

"To deny the ways before this action,"

"To denounce the rivalry between your love,"

"To extend your feelings to the stars above,"

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket saw it, 'twas love at first sight,"

"Surrender your love and let it take flight."

"Meeeowth, these two are quite a sight!"

Drew and May looked at each other in a bit of confusion.

"Aaaaaawww! They're so perfect together!" Jessie said. "I remember before a competition when your little friend asked you if you liked him, you blushed so brightly, now look at you! Oh young love!"

"WE ARE NOT IN LOVE!" May shouted.

"Haha, what happened May?" Drew laughed.

"It was Brianna, she asked me if I liked you when you were performing once..." May blushed.

"And what did you say..?" Asked Drew, rather curiously.

"I... I-I said that I'd never given it much thought." May said.

"And what's your answer now?" Drew asked, desperately wanting to know.

"I... We need to get going Drew, this is no time for games!" She complained.

"No, tell him, I want to know too!" Jessie also complained.

"Ugh! You wanna know what I think of Drew right now?! I think he's an irresponsible, annoying, Seaweedhead that only cares about himself! Now we're going. Drew, COME ON!" May said, getting on her last nerve, as she dragged Drew away, by the collar of his shirt.

"Well this love story had a twist ending..." James said, helping Jessie into the balloon.

"It sure did, I hope they get together." Jessie sighed.

"Jessie, you hope everybody gets together..." Meowth commented.

***

"Why are you so upset, May?" Drew asked in a lot of confusion.

"I'm sick and tired, but mostly sick, of people thinking we're a couple! I don't like you, you don't like me, that's the way it is!" She said, confusing Drew even more.

"No it's not... I do like you." She thought.

"But, I-I thought... Okay..." Drew sighed. "So she doesn't like me, huh? I guess I'll have to live with that..."

"But what?" May asked.

"No, it's nothing..." Drew told her.

"Drew, you're doing it again... Tell me what's wrong." She demanded.

"I'm fine..." He said.

"Drew!"

"I said, I'm fine!" Drew turned from her.

"Drew..." She laid her hand on his shoulder, but he brushed it off.

"Let's just go..." He said blankly and walked away, May following close behind.

***

"Where are those two? I'm starving!" Ash yelled.

"Ash Ketchum, you're always hungry!" Said a familiar female voice.

"Wait. Is that..? Misty!" Ash stood up and ran to her. "How'd you get here?"

"I was able to come in contact with Misty. Thankfully, she was at a Pokemon Center right near here!" Brock announced.

"Yup, and here I am! And don't worry, I brought food." Said Misty, rolling her eyes at Ash.

"Really?!!" His face lit up. "I could kiss you!" Ash said, then blushed, realizing what he had said. "O-of course I'm not going to!" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh Ash, stop acting like you didn't miss me and come hug me already!" Misty wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tight.

He hugged her back, now blushing.

"Well guys, we couldn't find any foo-Aaaaww!" May said, coming through the forest.

"May! Drew! Nice to see you guys!" Misty hugged May and looked at Drew, who walked past her with a wave. "What's with him?" She asked May.

"I don't really know, we ran into Team Rocket and something must have snapped for some reason. He's been like this ever since." May replied in a whisper tone.

"Did something happen when you were with Team Rocket?" Misty asked.

"Well no, but before that..." May started.

Drew turned and looked at May for a moment.

"What? What happened?" Misty was getting interested.

"He got hit by a Bulbasaur and landed on top of me. Then his Roselia jumped on him and made our faces really close. We kinda stared for a minute, he was blushing and started to say something, but then he stopped." May explained, rather quietly.

"That's all that happened on that subject?" Asked Misty.

"Well... Jessie acted like we were in love or something. And I started to get annoyed and said that I didn't like him and he didn't like me..." May said.

Misty looked at her in shock. "Oh May... You don't understand, do you? He does like you!"