A Small Spark

When they found that there was a Pokemon Contest being held in Slateport City, they rushed to the Pokemon Center to register. Little did they know, this was a tag battle contest.

"I'm so excited! I haven't been in a Pokemon Contest for a few weeks now, I can't wait!" May exclaimed.

"Looks like you're going to be against me again, too." Drew said, flicking his bangs. "What do you say we have a little practice before tomorrow?"

"You're on, Drew!" May accepted his challenge.

They went to an open area outside of the Pokemon Center and started to battle.

"You can take the first move this time, May." Drew let out his Masquerain.

"Okay, Skitty use Blizzard!" May called out her Skitty.

"Masquerain, Silver Wind!" Drew said.

Masquerain's Silver Wind went right through Skitty's Blizzard, both weakened a bit.

"Skitty, Tackle!" May shouted.

"Dodge it!" Drew told his Masquerain, who dodged it successfully.

"Tackle again!" May said.

Skitty used Tackle on Masquerain, causing it to get weaker.

"Masquerain! Ice Beam!" Drew commanded.

"Skitty, Tail Whip!" May told her Skitty.

"Hey guys, if you wanna get up and make it to that competition you better get to sleep." Ash said.

"We'll finish this tomorrow..." Drew said.

So they went inside and May realized something.

"Wait, we only have one key..." She said.

"And?..... Oh." Drew went to Nurse Joy, who had given them their room key. "Excuse me, but you only gave us one key." He told her.

"Oh I know, sweetie. Everybody has to share a room with their partner." Nurse Joy explained.

"Partner?" Drew seemed confused.

"Yes." Nurse Joy replied. "You two signed up as partners, right?."

"I thought this was just a normal contest..." May said, confused.

Nurse Joy gasped. "I'm so sorry, I should have asked you, instead of assuming. I can find someone for you both to switch partners with, or you could also not participate in this contest, if you want..."

Confused and tired, Drew just sighed. "We're fine as partners. Thank you." He walked with May, to their room. When they got there, it was a large room with two beds, a bathroom, a TV on a stand, and a lamp by each bed.

"Wow, this is nicer than I thought it would be be." Drew commented, walking inside and sitting on one of the beds.

"Yeah, it really is. I CALL PICKING THE CHANNEL!" May shouted, sitting next to him and grabbing the remote.

"No way! You're just going to pick a dumb chick-flick!" Drew argued.

May laughed. "I'm not like most girls, Drew. I would rather watch CSI or something."

"Y-you would..?" Drew was a bit taken back.

"Yes, I mean it. I would rather watch like mystery or Sci-Fi." She said.

"May, that's awesome. You are the only girl I know that would really do that." His genuine surprise and happiness was funny to May, also very cute.

"It's not that uncommon, Drew." She giggled. "Well what's it gonna be, than? You can pick, I'll probably like whatever it is. I'm not that picky."

"Well in that case, DOCTOR WHO!" Drew said, making May laugh.

They both laughed for a moment.

"Well, let's see if it's on!" May smiled.

"She's better than I thought... Even if she did want to watch a chick-flick I would have let her, but she'd rather watch the action and adventure-type things! I don't think I could possibly like her anymore than I already do!" Drew thought. "But that means... I love her..."

"Drew?.. Earth to Drew!" May tried to get his attention.

"Huh? What? What is it?" He asked, blushing at his own thoughts.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." Drew replied.

"Okay..? Well I found it, it's the episode 'Dalek'. Wow, I haven't seen this one since I started watching Doctor Who!

"Yeah, same." Drew replied, turning the lights off to make the TV have a better effect.

"Ewewewewewew!" May hid her face in Drew's shoulder, for the moment it showed what the Dalek actually looked like.

"Well, you do have some sense of girl to you..." Drew laughed.

"Just shut up and tell me when it's over!" May yelled at him.

"Okay, it's over now." Drew said and May looked up. "Oh wait, no it's not." He grinned.

"Ew!!!" May squealed. "DREW! I hate you!"

"No you don't." He smirked.

"Yes I do!" May hit him in the arm.

"Then why are you burying your face in my shoulder?" He laughed again.

"Because I'm disgusted..! And you smell good!" May giggled.

Drew laughed even harder. "May, you're a crackup!"

They both laughed for a while then continued watching Doctor Who.

A few hours later, May fell asleep and Drew carried her to her bed.

"Goodnight, May..." He whispered, before kissing her cheek softly. Then he returned to his own bed and fell asleep as well.