The Date?

Hayes's POV

"Ok Sky that is enough why don't you go to bed it is already 9 o'clock and that's your bedtime."

"Ok fine Hayes." she rolls her eyes.

"I can take her up." Penn volunteers.

"Ok."

Penn's POV

As took Skylynn upstairs I kept wondering if what she was saying about Hayes was true? About him liking me. Wait remember Penn you have a boyfriend!

"Hayes really does like you he has never been this way around a girl." She whispers. I leave it at that and walk back downstairs.

When I was walking downstairs all I could think about is Hayes does he like me or is he faking before I could answer I tripped going downstairs but luckily Hayes caught me. Our faces we inches apart, I could hear him breathing. The pressure was to much for me.

"I'm glad you caught me." I slightly laugh out of nervousness.

"Yeah I don't know what I would have done if I let you fall to the floor." He chuckles.

"So, Hayes tomorrow do you want to hangout?" I say picking at my already chipped nail polish.

"Hangout like where?"

"Like go get some frozen yogurt? Is that ok?"

His face lightened up. "Yeah I would love that." He smiles.

"Ok see you tomorrow then." I said as I smiled. "Oh and I'll text you the time." I add.

20 minutes before the "date"

Hayes's POV

I can't believe last night I caught Penn when she fell into me I stared into her eyes she had really pretty eyes I really wanted to kiss her but she has a boyfriend and we barely know each other. But on the bigger note SHE ASKED ME TO HANGOUT!!!!

I tried to play it cool and say yes but it failed but I can't wait, wait what time is it oh my god 15 minutes till the "date" I gelled up my hair wore my blue shirt and basketball shorts. During the "Date" I want to tell her how I feel about her despite her having a boyfriend.

Penn's POV

I can't believe I asked Hayes out but remember Penn it's a hangout like as friends nothing more.  Logan hasn't texted me in 5 days is he done with me? Is he mad at me? Anyway there is 10 minutes till the date and I should get going.

I was wearing my black shirt with stereos on it a black and white skirt by hair half up and half down and sandals.

Hayes's POV

I arrive there 5 minutes early, when I see her get out of the car she is talking to her mom.

"Hey."

"Hey you look nice." I compliment her. "I'll get us a spot and I'll meet you inside to get the frozen yogurt ok?" I say she nods.

Penn's POV

Hayes told me to go inside while he gets us a seat I feel like I'm too dressy Hayes is wearing basketball shorts and I'm wearing a skirt. Ugh anyway here he comes. Even though he is wearing basketball shorts he is really cute.

"So what do you usually get?" I ask.

"I usually get vanilla and put sprinkles, Carmel, strawberries and Oreos. What do you get?"

Now that I see what he is getting I realize that I only get junk food on mine. "Uhh I usually get chocolate whipped cream sprinkles and chocolate sauce."

As we eat the yogurt outside we were talking about facts about us or getting to know each other.

"So Hayes what is your favorite color?"

"Blue what about yours?

"Purple."

"Favorite number?" He said

"16 what about you?"

"7."

"Favorite food?"

"Mexican food." He gestures towards me.

"Fettuccini Alfredo."

"It's funny how I just say Mexican and you say fettuccini Alfredo, two different cultures." He jokes.

I laugh "Haha yeah." Before I could say anything else I heard a voice yell saying my name.

"Who's that?" Hayes said before I could say anything Logan came up to our table.

"Penn what are you doing with this tool." He yells at me.

"Logan it's not what you think we're just friends." I defend myself. As Hayes stands up to say something Logan punches his lip.

"Logan how could you punch him." I yell in his face. Hayes stood up he wiped the blood coming from his lip. He then punched Logan in the eye causing it to already get swollen.

I stand in the middle of them fighting trying to break it up but then Logan pushes me down. I was in shock how could my boyfriend or ex boyfriend now push me down. I thought he loved me. Before I could think I looked over at Hayes I could see the anger in his eyes. He kept throwing punches at Logan again and Logan pushed Hayes down I could see that Hayes fell on his leg wrong because he wasn't coming back up. Logan backs off then finally walks away.

"Hayes." I say as I start to cry "Are you okay?"

" I'm fine are you ok, I saw that he pushed you." I looked into his red eyes.

"I'm only going to get a bruise Hayes can you even move your leg?"

"No I think I twisted it." He shows me the hurt spot.

I cry some more "This is all my fault."

"Penn listen to me this is not your fault you didn't know he was going to come."

"Hayes I'm so sorry."

Please like and comment if you like my book :)))))