December 31st

My usual day at the office; going over cases, go to meetings and talk to my clients.

Boring...

But four years in University of Maryland, six years in Georgetown law school that helped me get this boring job  is worth a six digit paycheck, 2016 Audi and a nice ass condo

I looked up from my computer to see Riley; my ghetto fabulous gay assistant/ friend that is from New York. He doesn't show that's he's gay, but once you get to know him he'll show you otherwise.

"I still don't know how you can live in Seattle. It's so foggy and cold here."

I chuckled. "New York is just like Seattle. Foggy and cold."

"But New York has more entertainment. Here is just bars and restaurants."

I shrugged. "I love it here. I don't care what you say."

He rolled his eyes and sat in my chair. "Whatever."

For the past four years I've been in Seattle, it's been really fun. Sure it doesn't have theater or clubs. But I'm not a theater or club person. I like bars and book clubs.

"Are you coming out tonight?" Riley asked.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. It's New Years Eve. You have to come out."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm not going."

"Bitch if you don't be at the bar at nine o'clock, I'll be at your house at nine-fifteen knocking on your door. If your not at the door at nine-seventeen, I'm going break in your condo and drag you out by your nice perm short black hair."

My mouth gapped open. "What if I'm naked?"

"That'll give the boys a show." He smirked and lean back in the chair.

"You bitch."

He smiled and snapped his fingers. "Yup. Bad bitch Riley, you better ask about me."

I chuckled. "Get out my office."

Riley stood up. "I'll see you for lunch hopefully."

I shook my head. "I can't. I gotta go to the courthouse."

"Oh. Well good luck, I hope you win the case."

"I need all the luck I can get. I'm going up against Fern."

He hissed. "Ouch. Wow that's tough. Maybe you'll win this time."

I huffed.

I'm one of the top young lawyers in Seattle. Fern...

That Bastard...

He beats me in every case. But this time I have all my evidence. This time he won't beat me.

I close down my computer and grabbed my purse before walking to the door and turning off the lights. I walk out my office not before locking it. I waved Riley goodbye as I walk into the already opened elevator.