Jaunary 22nd

I stood in front of his office door, shaking in nervousness. His name Jeffery F. Turner was the first thing I saw on the blurry glass. I took a deep breath. "You can do this." I tried to prep myself up. "Chris needs me to help him." I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"Miss?" The secretary said, making me turn my head to look at her beautiful face. "You can go in, now." She urged me.

I nod and turned to the door. My hands touched the cold knob before twisting my wrist. I walked into to the cold office. Gosh, why do he always sit in the cold. I thought as I closed the door behind him.

My breath was practically taken away when I saw him, hunched over as he looked through files in his cabinet. His back was facing me, which gives me a opportunity to put my game face on. "Hello." I heard him greet. "You can sit down, I'll be right with you." His voice was strong and sterner from the last time I talked to him.

I did what he said by taking a seat in one of the comfy brown chairs in front of his tall wooden desk that makes me feel like a child in the principle office. I heard the cabinet shut and paper flipping; I didn't bother to look up. I can admit I was a little terrified. But when he sat down in his chair and looked up from his file, both of us had shocked faces.

I would never think of sitting in front of my high school through law school boyfriend and ask him for help. But here I am, looking at his handsome face, in his office, alone.

"H-hi?" He said while still having he shocked face on. "Umm..." He didn't know what to say. Hell! I don't even know what to say to make things better. It's been two years since our huge break up. Two long years of getting over him and pushing the images of our happy relationship in the back of my mind; locked up in a memory vault.

"What are you doing her? I didn't get a call that you was coming." He said, finally putting on a straight face by clearing his throat and loosening his tight.

"Um." I straightened my back. "Actually you did, I'm your nine in the morning appointment."

"Oh. Um, what seems to be the problem?" I grabbed a pen and his notepad.

I took a deep breath. "It's Chris."

"Chris? What about him?" Jeffery had a worried look on his face. When Jeffery and I was dating, him and my brother became kinda like friends before we ended things.

"He was arrested yesterday. The police claimed that he was apart of a murder." I stated. "I came here to ask if you can be his lawyer, since I'm not licensed here."

"Oh yeah, I forgot." He chuckled lighter. "You're licensed in Washington."

I sighed. "Jeffery don't start. Can you help us-him, please?"

Thankfully he nod, but his response was like a stab in the heart. "Yes, but only for Chris. Since he calls and still worries about me."

"I worried about you." I said.

"Worried? As in past tense TJ." He opened up a file.

I huffed. "What did you expect from me Jeffery?"

"I expected you to be by my side." He answered. "I purposed to you and you just threw the ring back, literally. Then you left, without any warning; I had to come home to a empty apartment."

"Both of had good opportunities. Both of us was expecting each other to make a sacrifice. I was scared Jeffery, and I didn't want to see my dreams float away while you live yours. You knew I didn't want to stay in Maryland anymore."

"Yes. I knew." He snapped. "I wanted to work things out, but you left before we could even have that conversation." He rubbed his hand down his face and around his neck. "I loved you so much."

"I loved you too." I kinda still do. "But I had to leave." I stood on my feet and grabbed my purse. "I'll send you the money. Thank you for helping." With that I walked out his office with tears in my eyes.

I know it was a fucked yo way to leave him, but I felt like if I stayed and hear what he wanted to say, I would of gotten trapped in Maryland forever. Yes, I would of been Jeffery's wife, but that's not enough. To me it's not. I need my own career and my own life first before I get married..