March 12th

The soft warm breeze hits my bare legs; it was so heavenly it made me smile in satisfactory. My hair was down in its natural curly state; since its been decades since I had a perm. The huge shirt I was wearing was like a loose dress that stopped at my knee, making my stomach that grew in size over night look flat.

I leaned on the railing on the porch to look around the quiet neighborhood. Mostly the older people; whom was the majority of the population were in town while a few younger individuals was at work or at school. I for one was in the stay at home category. Truthfully I wanted to go out, but the baby had other plans and made me feel nauseous.

"You know, if you keep that position I can surly make a portrait of you," Dylan leaned on his car which was a brown 1967 Pontiac GTO; basically one of the most rarest and expensive cars that was still out.

I stood up straight and greeted him with a welcoming smile. "I'm flattered, but this body is not made for a portrait right now. Catch me next year." I said with a chuckle. "Nice car."

Dylan looked behind him and looked back at me. "Oh, thanks. It's not mine."

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "Not yours, huh? I thought you stop stealing cars a long time ago." I tried to joke, but it didn't come out as one.

"I mean it's mine, but it's pop's as well. I'm actually test driving it to see if she still rides, it's been collecting dust for far too long."

"Well, it's nice that you're enjoying yourself. I'm just going to go back inside, I'm starting to sweat; I'm so not use to the heat." Why did I say sweat? I sighed in embarrassment.

Dylan chuckled at me; showing off his pearly whites. "Come ride with me. I want to chat since we didn't have the chance to two days ago."

"Umm, I gotta go change-"

"Nonsense, it's fine to where what you have on now."

I looked down at my attire; big old t-shirt, booty shorts, pink flip flops, and no bra, including my messy hair. I'm surprised I even stood on the porch like this. I immediately shook my head, "No, I'm going to seat this one out. Maybe next time."

Dylan kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes in the most cutest way ever. "Come on Hunter," he said, calling my last name. "Don't be a chicken."

I rolled my eyes from his choice of name calling. I'm like Marty from Back to the Future; I hated to be called chicken, it's like being called a punk. With my eyes squinted into a daring stare, I slowly step out of my safe zone by stepping down the wooden steps and leaving my best to get into the old fashioned car.

As Dylan said, we took a ride around the town until we got to the Your leaving Bluffton sign. Like always when I would visit, Dylan parked next to the sign. It was mainly a great place to smoke and not get caught, since it's in the cut.

"So, what actually brings you into town? You and what's his name broke up or something?" Dylan asked; breaking the silence between us.

I adverted my eyes from the car window to look at his handsome face. "What's his name?" I said, knowing damn well who he's talking about. I just want to hear him say his name.

Dylan kissed his teeth in irritation. "Jeffery or some shit like that."

I gave him a small laugh before nodding my head yes. "Jeffery and I broke up, like two years ago. Besides the reason why I'm in Bluffton is very complicated and dramatic. Just know that I'm back and won't be leaving soon."

Seeing that he's satisfied with my answer; Dylan leans back in his seat. "You should come to pop's bar tonight, the old gang is going to be there."