April 4th/5th

"Yuh know, Ah'm glad yuh're gettin out uh Bluffton. Yuh kin have less stress and time off." Grandma said as she stood in the door way of my bedroom. "Ah hear California is uh good place. Sunny and has uh beach were yuh kin tan. Very relaxing."

I zipped up my carry on bag before turning to my loving grandmother. "Why does it sound like you're nervous about me leaving? Are you worried that'll they'll do something while I'm gone? If so I can call Chanel to say that I'm staying, there's no problem-"

"Chile, Ah ain't nervous. Ah just want yuh tuh relax and get out uh this madness. Ah'm proud uh yuh TJ, yuh strong and confident; like me."

A small chuckle pass through my lips as she made her point. "Thank you Grandma. I'll be gone for a week, so I'm leaving my car here so you can get around without putting stress on your ankle."

"Ah kin't drive. Ah haven't driven in ten years, why yuh think ah kin still get behind de wheel?"

"You can grandma. Just be careful on the turns and don't stomp on the brakes. My baby is sensitive." I grabbed my car keys out my purse and placed it in her hand. "And Dylan is only a phone call away if you need him." I took a quick look outside to see the brown 1967 GTO driving up in front of the house. "I'm going to go," I grabbed my suitcase, bag with all my money and other items, I also grabbed my passport and phone.

I kissed grandma on the cheek before going downstairs and out the door to Dylan's car. I put all my stuff in the trunk and got into the car to greet Dylan with a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for doing this for me, I really appreciate it."

"No problem. You ready to soak in the Cali sun."

"Not really," I admit. "If I wasn't going through hormones, maybe. But once I step into that heat, I will be like a pig in heat. And yes, I called myself a pig."

He shook his head in disagreement as his lips tugged into a small smile. "It'll be fine, instead of drinking and partying; go site seeing. You do have a week out." He took his car out of park and drove out of the space. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"It's this woman, that I see everyday when she comes to the bar. She just got out a marriage and very sad-"

"Dylan, is this one those, what should I do questions? Because if it is, you must remember the last time you ask me that. Tori Higgins, punched the shit out of you after you kissed her." I reminded.

"We was eleven, at the time y'all believe in cuties or some shitty boy disease the girls made up. But yes, I was going to ask that. The thing is, she's been coming to the bar for awhile and I'm starting to have feelings for her. She's nice, mature, and we've been having good conversations."

Just listening to him talking about another woman made my stomach boil. Even when I keep saying Dylan's my friend, the more I grow feelings for him. It's hard to push that away. "If you really like this woman, than ask her out on a date." I can't believe I mustered up to say that. It felt like I was going to vomit. "But you have to be done with my player ways." Yes, I know he can't resist giving up his player side.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Okay."

What! "Huh? That easy?"

Dylan nod his head yes. "Yeah, I'm thirty one years old. I need to be starting a family, you know; throw away my black book."

"But what about those girls. You know the supermodel looking ones; Donna."

"Woah woah woah!" He glanced at me for a sec before looking back at the road. "How you know about Donna?"