April 22nd

"I want to see my daughter! Where is she?!" I heard my mother's loud voice down the hall where they held me in holding all night. I was definitely tired and down about the whole situation. I said things to Robert I could never take back, even though he did me wrong I still felt sad about his death. I felt guilty for everything- not everything- but you know what I mean.

"Ma'am calm down," an officer at the desk said with her hands in front of her.

Before my mom can take a huge breath of air so she can yell again, I called out her name. My voice was low and cracked from speaking/sobbing all night. I stood in front of her with my arms wrapped around my body as comfort. "Can we leave, please." I begged quietly.

Her lips was pierced together as she gave off a stern look. My mother put her soft hands on my back and lead me out the police station, not before I turn my head to see Dylan just being released from holding. We made eye contact for a few seconds before I looked away so I won't trip on my feet. Everything seemed it was in slow motion during that moment.

Once we arrived at the house, I immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower. There was still dry blood on my feet and some on my legs as well. Standing under the hot water did not clear my head at all- the tragic scene kept playing over and over again; I started to sob. If I knew about him being depressed, I would of helped him. Yes, he did me wrong- but he was still the father of my child and what I said to him definitely wrong.

"Tj! Are yuh okay?" My grandmother knocked on the bathroom door. I stared at the wet tiles for sec before replying back with a snaky yes. "Well," she started to say. "Don't take too long sweet pea," her voice was filled with worry as she calls me by my nickname that my grandfather use to call me. Usually that'll make me smile, however a smile will not be on my face for awhile.

"I'll be out in a minute," I said back. I quickly washed my body off before rinsing and getting out the shower. Not bothering to get fully dressed- I just put on a loose shirt, panties and my robe to go downstairs.

"There she is," Chanel said with a small smile on her face.

I walked into the kitchen while securely tying my robe. "What is this?" I asked while looking around to see their eyes holding worry. Chanel, Ma, grandma, Richard, Mr. Marburg and Dylan was packed into the kitchen like it was a convention.

"Your birthday celebration," Ma answered as she pulled out the wooden chair that was set up in front of the chocolate frosting cake. "It's your favorite, marble cake with chocolate frosting and a side of rainbow sherbet."

"Okay," I said unsure while inching my way to the seat. Once I sat down, Chanel gave me a yellow envelope.

"Open it, you will be shocked." She said.

Which I was, inside the envelope was a sample of a baby shower invitation. Attend Tj Hunter's first ever baby shower- it read in cursive. The date May 7th was in cursive as well, but the location was blank. Answering my question, Chanel grabbed the envelope and card out of my hand. "The location is your choice,"

"T-thank you."

"Okay, let's sing happy birthday." My mother said before lighting the candles and dimming down the lights.

A very small smile formed on my face as I listen to them singing a off tune happy birthday song. Dylan, Richard and Mr. Marburg looked awkward in the back while ma, grandma and Chanel sung like the world depends on it. At the end of the song I blew out the flames; earning cheers and loud clapping.