May 7th

"Yellow is so not my color, why do I have to wear this? I look like a stuffed lemon." I whined as I looked at Chanel through my full length mirror. I soon turned to her to see she was examining my outfit.

She sighed then shook her head. "We don't know what the gender of the baby is yet. So you're going to wear a unisex color."

"But yellow? Why not white?"

A scoffed past through her lips as she stood on her feet. "White means pure. Trust and believe, you are not pure sweet heart. I know what you and Dylan be doing in that upstairs office." She gave me a teasing wink before stepping behind me to help loosen up my curls. "When is your next doctors appointment?"

"Umm," I shrugged my shoulders, obviously not able to think since my mind was still on the fact I look fugly in this dress. "Next week, I think. Maybe I should wear red or black. They're unisex-"

"No, the colors are supposed to be light and sweet, not dark and brutal." Chanel explained before stepping in front of me to examine my look. "Woah, you do look like a stuffed lemon. Maybe we should go to the- no I think this will be fine."

My eyes widened in shock as she's going to let me walk out like this. "No it's not fine. I'm going to wear my black and red dress. Unzip me please."

******

Sitting on the small stage behind the wonderful decorated with mainly unisex colors: white, yellow, Aqua and gray. I was alone up here while everyone else was sitting at the other tables; laughing and talking. With a sigh, I stood on my feet and walk down from the stage so I can interact with them. The building we was in was a community area, the room wasn't big nor small- just enough space for my guest.

I first want to my family table that consist of my mother, grandma, Chris, Crystal and my two close cousins; Anthony and Aaron- they're twins. Then I went to my friends table where all of them including Riley, Kimberly and her husband was laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"There's the mama," Riley announced once I was in ear shot. "Look at you looking all sexy," he added before pulling me into a soft hug- not his usual bear hugs.

"Hey," I greeted to everyone. "How are y'all doing?"

"Good," Chanel answers for everyone. "You should be up on that stage, you want me to seat up there or Dylan."

I shrugged my shoulders. Both of them is special to me. "Maybe the both of you." I suddenly felt Dylan's hand on my lower back. I can feel his skin through the thin fabric as it sent waves through my body. Good waves.

"Actually," Chanel started to say as she stood on her feet. "I have to go into the kitchen to see some things, so Dylan can go."

"Okay, let's go bud." I grabbed his arm so he can get up and grabbed the chair so we can go on the stage and sit behind the table together. As we did this action, the shatter faded away as everyone eyes was on us. Mostly everyone had a huge smile on their face- instead of Donna- but who cares about her, she's just filled with negativity that I do not need right now.

"Okay everyone, food is done. We are going to serve the mommy first," Channel announced before disappearing back into the kitchen.

"How you feeling?" Dylan asked as he took my hand in his.

"I'm fine, I'm glad about the baby shower and the support." I sneaked a quick kiss on the cheek.

******

"Should I be worried?" I asked while I carefully stepped over a branch.

"What do you mean?" Dylan chuckled as he held onto my hand. Mainly for guidance since the sun is about to set.

"I mean, we're in the woods and it's about to be dark. Your hands are sweating terribly- either your nervous about something or going to kill me." I stated with humor in my voice.

"Neither," he said blankly before stopping at the edge of a small field. "I just want to sit." He lets go of my hand and walked towards the middle of the field before removing the wool blanket from under his arms. Dylan set the blanket out on the ground before laying down on it.

I follow pursuit by laying my head on his hard chest. "This is more like laying, than sitting."

The rumbling in his chest indicated me that he was laughing. "Stop being a smart ass and relax." I felt his hand on my arm- letting his thump rub up and down my bare skin.

My body soon became pudding once I took a deep breath of fresh air and snuggles closer to Dylan well built body. "This is nice," I mumbled.

There was a moment of silence, only hearing the crickets sing for their mate until Dylan spoke. His deep voice was low and husky- it is mostly like that when he has something on his mind. "H-have you ever feel something so deep for someone that your scared to say your feelings, afraid that once you say how you feel they'll run away from you. I mean, I'm just asking b-because Richard is too afraid to say something to Chanel and I-I just need a woman's point of view." He said with a soft chuckle.

A smirk spread on my face once I gave him a answer to his question. "Yes, plenty of times. I've been asking myself that for awhile." I mumbled before looking up to see his wonderful brown eyes. "But I also say to myself that he'll always be by my side no matter how much I love him-" I quickly shrugged my shoulders. "If he runs then maybe that's a lesson to be learned. Anywho, tell Richard don't be so nervous. Chanel is too sweet to break someone's heart." I laid my head back on his chest and looked up at the purplish-blue sky.

"I said the same thing. I mean, I worry a lot to tell her my true feelings- to tell her I love her. She been through a lot lately and I don't want to come off too strong. From the past relationships she's been through, I don't want to just use my words. I want to show her I'm a wonderful guy and I'll do anything for her- even if that means go on a snack run at one in the morning."

A light chuckle pass through my lips as I remembered when I called Dylan late at night so he can buy me pickles and vanilla ice cream. Of course he did it without fussing. "Well, something tells me she won't run. She'll actually become closer to you than before."

"And something tells me he wont run, he'll actually probably do something spontaneous."

That night I couldn't stop smiling. We basically just told each other I love you, it was a odd way of doing it but both of us isn't normal people.