March 31st

Wow! It's been awhile since I wrote in this journal.
Let me put you up to speed...

I'm still in Bluffton (of course.) I started to have clients; I'm working in small cases like shoplifting, lawsuits and other things like that. Umm, let's see- oh the baby is healthy and growing. I'm two months pregnant now, and I've never been happier in a day of my life to know I'm going to have a little one in my life now. It's not even in the world and I'm already in love with it. I'm already thinking about baby names; Justice or Jayden for a girl and Aaron or Gregg for a boy. I'm hoping it's a-

Grandma burst in my room, making me close my private journal and set down my pen. Usually she only burst in here if I'm alone and wide awake; other times she knocks but still comes in. "What's up triple OG?" I asked while turning my body towards her as she sat down on the edge of my bed.

With a huff, she glared at me from the corner of her eye. "Whut ah tell yuh 'bout calling me that? Yuh know ah hate that nickname." Her southern accent immediately became extremely thick like her frame, as she grew frustrated.

I shook my head while chuckling. "Sorry Grandma, what's up? You need me to drive you some where?"

"Nah, Ah need yuh tuh take yuh Grandma tuh the market. Ah need more greens." She slowly leaned over to rub her ankle.

"It looks like you need to go to the doctors," I stood on my feet to examine her swollen, red and bruised ankle. "Are you in pain?"

"Nah, just ole. Ah fine, ah just need tuh put heat on it. Ah'm alright." Grandma slowly took her ankle out of my hand.

I rolled my eyes from her stubbornness. "You need to got to the doctors. You is not alright. Come on, let's go." I stood straight up to grab her hand.

"Ah ain't no chile-"

"Then don't act like one," I said softly so she won't back hand me. "Come on naw, yuh need more green member." I said in a southern accent; making her smile and stand as well.

"Yuh think yuh slick trying tuh butter me up with yuh southern accent. Ah know the trick, ah use tuh use it all the time with yuh grandpa. Ole fool fall at muh feet, always kissing and bowing. Slick ole bastard, makes me sick. Lord knows ah love that ole fool." She bickered as we made our way downstairs and to my car.

Just to hear my grandmother talked about my grandfather (well step-grandfather, since we don't share the same blood) like she hated him but end up confessing her love for him was kinda cute. The one thing I learned from this woman was that; if you say how much you hate your love, you see more of why you love them. And in this case, my grandmother loved my grandfather so much, it made her sick.

Now sitting in the very small and homy doctor's office, I sit next to my grandmother while she went through her large bag she calls a 'purse'. "What are you looking for?" I asked.

She kissed her teeth and eventually stopped searching through her purse by zipping it up and setting it on her lap. "Nothing naw,"

I leaned back in shock from her sudden attitude, but who am I kidding; my grandmother always had an attitude. I mainly got it from her. "Okay, attitude."

"Get out muh face TJ." She waved me off.
I shook my head in humor.

"Mrs. Turner, the doctor will see you now," the receptionist said, signaling us that we can go in the back.

I helped grandma up and walked in the back while she follows behind. As I open the door, I see a older man with brown skin, specks of grey hair in his beard and glasses. The older twin of Dylan stood in front of me while grumbling things under his breath as Dylan kept shaking his head.