April 3rd

Easy Love by Sigala played through my head phones as I walk with the beat. My lips tugged into a smile as I looked up at the clear blue sky. Today was a good day to walk, so I got off my pregnant fat ass, put on my workout clothes that consist of thin sweat pants, supporting sports bra, tank top, a t-shirt to cover up and a baseball hat to protect my face from the sun. Usually I would just do my sport bra and tank top, but my growing belly would stick out too much. Then I drove to the park, which was a huge field around a small pond.

With a deep breath I slowed down my pace and made my way to my parked car. As I stood in front of my car door, a police car immediately blocked my exit. Two male officers got out the car with large sunglasses that covered half of their face on. I can obviously see the over confidence, just the way they walk towards me screams out jackass.

I took off my head phones and looked between the two in curiosity. "What can I do for you officers?" I asked in a calm voice. I don't want to do anything that make them pop off on me.

"Yes, are you TJ Hunter?" The office to my left ask as he took off his sunglasses to show his dark green eyes.

"Depends who's asking." I said back, not wanting to give off any information until I really know why they're standing in front of me on this particular day, especially after the fire.

"We would have to search your vehicle," the one on the right finally spoke up.

A scoff pass through my lips. "Do you officers have a warrant? Or even an accurate probable cause? If not, then I must ask for you two to go along your way and let me get into my car." I cross my arms in front of my chest to show that I'm right.

The officer on my left glared down at me, his hand was soon placed on his taser as his eyes immediately hold irritation and anger. He was about to harm me, but luckily the other guy stopped him and pointed out there was witnesses gathered around us.

"Sorry to bother you," the one on my right forced out before grabbing the other officer by his arm and pulling them to the police car.

Once they left, I sighed and leaned on my car to finally show my nervousness by holding my chest and taking deep breaths.

******

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean, they could of hurt you." Chanel asked while holding my hand in comfort.

Chanel, Richard and I was gathered in Dylan's bar to just hang out since it doesn't open until the afternoon and it's more private. I nod my head yes. "Yeah, just a little nervous."

"It's a good thing people was around," Richard stated. "But if you receive any more problems, just call me."

I took a sip of my grape soda before saying, "Thanks, but I'll be fine. They can't get to me so easily." A small smile slowly formed on my face, to mainly convince myself that they won't get to me.

Chanel gave me a unsure look before grabbing her purse. "I have to go back to work, remember I'm just a phone call away." She stood up before pulling down her black pencil skirt. "See ya."

"I should get going to, I got a meeting in thirty minutes." Richard stood up as well before giving me a hug and walking out behind Chanel; leaving Dylan and I alone.

Instead of sitting at the table, Dylan stood behind the bar; watching my every move as I tried my best not to trip when I hop up on the tall stool. "A shot of whiskey fine sir," I said with a huge smile on my face. But instead of returning a smile, Dylan held a straight face. "Oh come on Dylan, it's not that serious. They can't do anything to me."

Dylan shook his head in disagreement. "I don't know what happens in Seattle, but here they'll get away with shit. Easily."

I rolled my eyes as I groaned. "Okay, I get it. I can get hurt-"

"Killed, to be precise." Dylan interrupted.

I ignored his statement and continued on with my speech. "But, I will be fine. As long as this baby is in my belly, I won't do anything hectic."

"So when the baby is in this world, your go ape shit? That's what your saying to me right now." Dylan leaned on the bar, with his eyes squinted. "You need to think TJ-"

"I am thinking. I'm doing what's right, why can't you see it as that. Y'all wanted a change, so I'm giving it." I hop off the stool. "I need to go, I have a doctors appointment." Before I can walk out, I was immediately pulled back into his hard chest. But instead of a hug, I received a kiss on the cheek. A blush crept on my face from this action and my heart flutters.

Gosh I feel like a school girl...

"I'm here for you, no matter what. I just want you to be safe and not end up dead." Dylan said.

I wrap my arms around his neck, got on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. I wanted to do more, but I restrain myself not to. "Thanks,"

"For being a good friend?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "For being a good person. I'll call you when I get home." I unwrapped my arms from his neck.

He gave me a teasing smile and wink. "You better."

I rolled my eye playfully at him before walking out the bar, to walk across the street where ironically the doctor office is. Luckily no one was here so I went straight in, changed into a gown, sat on the table and waited for the doctor to walk in.

"Hello Ms. Hunter." A tall brown skin young doctor walked in with his clip board and white lab coat on. He looked delicious with his brown eyes, cut hair, and muscular frame. When he looked at me, he had to do a double take before actually saying his name. "I'm doctor Philip, I'm a substitute for Doctor Lunar."

I smiled at him; showing my pearly whites. Let me just say this before I continue, I'm not flirting. When I say I won't have a man in my life right now; I mean it. Well, not really since Dyl- No he's a friend. "It's nice to meet you."

He sat in the short stool in front of the x-Ray equipment, some how when he pressed a button; the room turn dimmed as the computer came on. "Don't be alarmed, it's a new setting we installed," He said with a chuckle. I guess he saw the reaction on my face. "Can you lift up your gown?"

I did what he said by showing him my purple panties and stomach. The cold gel was placed on my stomach and soon a little wand. When I looked at the black and white screen, I saw a figure that was a size of a grapefruit. I couldn't see the picture in exact detail, but I knew there was a body, head, arms, hands, legs and feet. Hopefully.

Soon the small room was filled with a low, and steady heart beat. It was the baby's heart beat and from the hear of things, it's healthy and strong. I wanted to cry- I am crying. Damn hormones! "That's so beautiful." I said out loud, causing doctor Phillip to laugh.

After the doctors, I went straight home to a quiet house. Grandma told me she'll be out with her friends all day, but I did not expect her to be out after five. With a sigh I pulled out a pack of chicken so it can defrost.

After doing that, I went upstairs to start myself a warm bath, not before texting Chanel and Dylan that I'm home safely.

See so far the day went good, maybe it's not going to be that bad. I still need to watch my back, but that's everyday life for a lawyer sometimes..