January 3rd

The day when I pick up my baby brother. I put on my pencil skirt and light blue blouse with my black flats. I took a slow time to leave the house; I cooked myself some breakfast, went over my next cases, drunk some coffee as I watched the re-runs of Power.

When the clock hit two I collected my files and purse before leaving out my apartment. The drive was long and full of traffic, so when I arrived at the King County Jail it was already five o'clock.

I already called and sent the jail Ma's money at nine in the morning. I drive in front of the exit to see pissed off baby brother sitting on the ground with a plastic bag full of his stuff.

I honked my horn to get his attention.

Chris walked to the car and got in. He slammed my car door close and sucked his teeth. "You're late."

I drove off. "No, I'm early."

"I'm sorry."

I huffed. "You say sorry every time Chris. Like I told mom, this will be the last time we'll save you. Chris you're 24 years old, you need to stop dealing with the drug shit. Get a real job, find a good girl that'll keep you busy."

"I already have a girl." He mumbled.

"Then where the hell is she? Why didn't she put in some money or call me to see if you're okay?"

"She didn't know I'm here."

I rolled my eyes. "Try to stay away from the whores Chris. Only thing they can give you is transmitted diseases and bullets in your chest."

He sucked his teeth. "What do you know?"

"I know a lot Chris."

"Oh really? I'm surprised your high class ass didn't forget about your family. You hardly call or visit. You know mom had bill problems, we struggled while you was here probably fucking some white guy or sipping champagne while at a country club."

I chuckled. "Oh wow, you really think that? I knew mom had bill problems, I'm the one who fixed it. I'm up here working my ass off so I can pay the bills, put money in her account, pay people to fix the old house, help with her insurance and pay off that car. I'm doing the things you can not do. So I'm sorry for not calling everyday."

Chris sucked his teeth once again and looked out the window. "Whatever. From what I'm hearing it's like we're a charity for you."

This little boy, better...

"You're not a ch- you know what fuck it." I pulled the car over to the side of the road. I took off my seat belt and turn to my dumb brother. "Yes Chris. It feels like you are my charity. I help you and help you every single month. I give you things and do not expect anything back. But you're using my money, my help like its nothing. I'm sick and tired of it. You're acting like a little boy; going to jail, smoking weed, and giving momma a heart attack every time you don't come home for two days. But after I take you to that train station, you better get your shit together because next time I won't get you from jail or be your lawyer. This shit ends now."

I turn back to the steering wheel and aggressively put my seatbelt back on.

For the next three hours we didn't say anything to each other.

I soon parked the car in front of the station and took my seatbelt off so I can reach my purse that's all the way in the backseat. I took out his ticket and a hundred dollar bill.

"Here's your ticket and a hundred dollar bill. You can buy a blanket or clothes and food on the train. You'll be on the train for two days so I advice you to buy a toothbrush and toothpaste."

He took the ticket, but not the money.

I sighed. "Chris take the money."

"I thought you was tired of helping."

I rolled my eyes. "I know I said all of that, but you're still my little brother and it's my job to help you. It'll make me feel better if you do."

He looked at me and at the money before smiling. "Thanks." He took the money. Unexpectedly he gave me a hug. But pulled away before I could react. "I love you sis."

I smiled. "I love you too, bro. Stay out of trouble please. I don't want mom getting a heart attack."

He opened the door and stepped out. "I'll try." He closed the door.

I rolled down my window and stuck my head out. "I mean it Christopher!"

He chuckled and waved me off.

I watched as he went inside the building before driving off.

Truthfully I'm still going to help him. I'm not that such a bitch..