Chapter 6

Chapter 6:: Mr.Popular has a heart

The words can y'all kiss already were still rattling in my brain when I walked into my social studies class. This was gonna be the worst class ever. Social studies was becoming my least favorite class as the school year progressed... OK that's not true my least favorite class would always be math because I really just wanted to staple my ears to the desk when it came down to it. I gave Kennedy a smile when she walked in as she handed me her lunch box. "You need to start bringing your own food. Especially if you know you're gonna dump your lunch on Reed. It's starting to become a regular thing between you guys."

"Yeah I know don't remind me of my poor dead food in which I waisted." I couldn't help, but to pout. In that moment I vowed never to waist perfectly good food on that pig ever again. When he walked in he shot me a wink and I felt like I was gonna puke in the floor. I pushed Kennedy's food away. "What's wrong Allie Boo?"

"I think I just lost my appetite no not even think I know I lost my appetite." Kennedy just gave me snickers, but before I could come up with a witty comment Mr.Lee came storming through the door. "What are you waiting on everyone get in your partner groups and I'll give you your decades. Oh and get to know your partner just in case because you more then likely won't finish this project in class." I groaned because that was just my luck. I looked back over to see Kennedy and Nathan laughing and talking. At least Kennedy seemed to be doing OK with Nathan. I rolled my eyes. It was just one class I'm sure I could handle him just this one time.

I thought to quickly because the hair on my arm stood on end as soon as Reed plopped down next to me. "Your house or mine Blondie?" I shot him a glare. "Your house." He smirked and I instantly regretted telling him his house. "Only because I'll never live it down if my mom knew I had a boy in my room! " This made him smirk further. I laid my head down in my desk as my cheeks turned into tomatoes. I didn't want to have anything to do with Reed, but nope I just had to get stuck with Jerk of the year. I only looked up when Reed whispered in my ear. "Are you OK?" When I looked up I saw what I never thought I would see in his eyes.

"Are you actually concerned for me Mr.Popular?" That made him glare. "Well I was Ms.Nobody up until this point."
**
This just screamed bad idea. I pulled on the bottom of my shirt self consciously as I stood on Reeds porch. Go figure he lived in a multi million dollar mansion. My house had never been big, but it was big enough for me and my mom, but Reeds house screamed wealth it could fit at least fifty of my houses in it. I had almost expected a butler to come and open the door, but when I saw Reed standing there in an old ratty Avalon T-shirt and a pair of sweat pants I immediately forgot where I was. "Well you gonna stand there and google at me or are you gonna come in?"

My reaction would have been to glare, but anyone could tell I was tired. I was to tired after my long day to have a glaring match. I had worked in the kitchen at Jo's today and then I went home to jump in the shower and then I headed to Reed's house to work on the project so tired was a bit of an understatement. So instead I just walked past him and into the huge house. He grabbed my hand in his. Warmth shot up my arm. "Hey are you OK?"

"Yeah I'm just tired had a long day." It was the first time something civil had ever came out of my mouth twords him. He just looked at me with those warm brown eyes. We were still holding hands when his mother came into the room making him drop my hand. "Oh Reed I didn't know you had a girlfriend. It was his turn to flush. "Ma she's not my girlfriend she's my project partner." His mother just shot him a smirk. "Mhm that's the same thing I said about your father." I couldn't help, but to laugh at Reeds tomato red face. "Im Allie Pennington. " I stuck out my hand for her to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you Allie. I'm Gwen Parker." She took a hold of my hand and shook it. It was easy to tell where Reed got his warmth. Gwen had warm hands, but I wasn't as aware of her hold as I was of Reeds which was a little weird. "Any how I'll let you get back to your project, but I do hope you will stay for dinner."
"Oh but I couldn't impose."
"Nonsense dear I'm surprised Reed has been so rude and hasn't invited you himself." With that she was gone. Gwen was like a spunky tornadoe especially for a woman in her age she seemed ready to go. I was pulled out of my musing when Reed took my hand again.

"Sorry about that let's head to my room and start on this project." I followed Reed up the stairs and to his room. It looked like most boys rooms with rock band posters and zombie posters clothes thrown havcoly everywhere. He cleared a space off on the unmade bed so I could sit down. "So your mom seems nice." I couldn't help, but to laugh as he flushed. "She is and you're the first girl I've brought home for her to meet other then Amber. "Really?" I raised a brow. Something about that had peeked my curiosity. "Can we just get to work already?" I shrugged. "Alright let's get to work."

-----------------------------------------
✍Cast✍

Nathan Evens ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Gwen Parker~ Dana Delany