Chapter 16

Chapter 16:: Denial

"What do you mean you don't know!" I just blinked I couldn't come up with a response. Kennedy was now sat bolt up right staring me down. "Why dose it matter if I don't know." I was confused, and I needed time to think this through. "Uh it matters because not even two days ago you wouldn't have even had to think about it! You would have instantly said you hated him."

She did have a point this was a huge milestone that I had managed to skip until now, and honestly I didn't like it. I still thought dating in highschool was stupid, and swapping spit in the hallway against a locker was disgusting. But just the fact that I was even thinking it through was surprising. I rolled my eyes regardless at her dramatics.

"Ken just let me think it through I mean Reed is Reed." She just looked at me for a second and then busted out in laughter. It made me blush. I really hated when people laughed at me, and so naturally I couldn't contain the harshnesses of my tone. "What?!" Kennedy immediately stopped laughing and looked up at me. "Whoa just take it easy man." It was my turn to laugh she had just quoted Drake and Josh the episode about the theater thug. We ended up both doubled over in laughter. I couldn't help, but to hug her.

"Oh my gosh you are the best." She smiled and gave a shrug before replying. "I know, but anyway what do you mean Reed is Reed?"

"Are you kidding me!" I busted out laughing again. "What isn't he!" Kennedy laughed along with me meaning that she probably agreed with me. I whipped my eyes from where I was crying tears of laughter. "Want to sneak down to the kitchen, and raid the pantry then pick out a movie?"

"Yas let's do this!" Kennedy was up, and out the door before I could even role out of the bed.

**

"Gosh Kennedy! You know I hate this movie!" About an hour later there we were sitting on the couch lights turned off with an empty popcorn bowl sitting in between us. I blew my now red and puffy stuffed up nose on a Kleenex. Witch thankfully Kennedy had brought over.

I swear the girl had an evil plan. Talk me into watching a stinking chick flick. She would have had to plan it to bring kleenexes with her, and since I was an only child there was no little brother or sister to save me from my own tears. I absolutely hated everything about chick flicks guess that's where Kennedy and I differed.

She found amusement in crying, and I was all for car chases and races. Momma may have tried to raise a lady, but in the end she had got a tomboy. So this was how we spent our Sunday night. On the couch watching the flipping notebook a flim I had seen over a million times, and still cried over. After spending about an hour bickering about what we were gonna watch... The notebook or a nightmare on elm street. I had given up and told her just to put the notebook in.

Kennedy rolled her eyes and threw a popcorn kernel at me. "You are such a weirdo only you could hate the notebook." I rolled my eyes thinking I bet Reed would agree with me. I shook my head. Where the crap had that come from. "You're nuts only a crazy person would enjoy crying! It's so sappy and stupid. Besides everyone knows the couple would never die together. One would die and then the other ends up all alone."

"Gosh Allie you are a romantic flump it's supposed to be inspiring and prove that love conquers all!" I shook my head.

"Don't be such a sap. Love can't conqure death and you know it. They play on people's emotions just like yours. Be realistic Kennedy that whole movie is totally far fetched."

"It may be far fetched, but at least it's not about a crazy psycho killer! Besides fiction is better then reality." I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her. Witch she followed suit just without the eye roll. We spent more then ninety percent of our time bickering. Kennedy was like the younger sister I never had. Though she pushed my buttons I loved her.

Before we knew it the time had changed to 1:00 am. I looked at the clock in bewilderment. Did time really fly like that? Kennedy stood up, and headed to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Eventually we had learned a long time ago just to leave a toothbrush in the cabinet for Kennedy, it was like she lived with us, and was part of our family. I shrugged out of the couch blanket and threw it haphazardly on the couch, and headed to the bathroom to brush my own teeth.

I was exhausted and had a long tearful day. I was pretty sure I couldn't shed another tear, but as the universe so happened to hate me of course it proved me wrong. On my way to get a glass so I could get some water, I stubbed my toe on the kitchen table, and a new wave of tears fell. Once I got over that I was pretty sure I was done crying, but I really didn't want the universe to prove me otherwise again so I headed straight to my room after that.

**

I looked up at the ceiling picking out patterns again. I had been at this all night pretty much. I looked over to my bed side table where my clock sat and the green numbers flashed mockingly at me. 4:00am why the heck could I not get any sleep. Despite wanting to know that, my thoughts comtinuously lept back to Reed, and what Kennedy had asked earlier.

Did I have a crush on him? I quickly dismissed this thought although not as quickly as I probably should have or even normally would have. I shook my head, and by the time it hit 5:00 am I had drawn my conclusion. I didn't really like him I was more... Overwhelmed... With how different he actually was from what I had first thought.

I was also just greatful to his family for what they had done, and how they had got me to open up, something I would never really be able to pay back. I rolled over and shook the soundly sleeping Kennedy awake, and believe me waking up Kennedy was like waking up a bear. Meaning be preapered to possibly lose an arm.

"What!!!" Her eyes snapped open, and her words came out as a hiss, but I was to proud about the conclusions I had drawn to really care about the grumpy state my friend was obviously in. "I have come up with a conclusion. I don't have a crush on Reed, I like what he did for me. Or more specifically what his family did for me."

Kennedy was hysterical with anger. "Allie you woke me up at 5:00 am to tell me that you didn't have a crush on Reed! You're flipping crazy! I can't believe you've even been thinking it through. You are flipping in Denial Allie! Like you told me wake up and see the reality. Now don't wake me up again." She laid back down and I turned back to the ceiling. She was the one dodging reality, and there was no way I had a crush on him, and no way was I in denial.

-----------------------------------

Banner on the sideMade by yours truly. ♥